Custom Notification Email

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
hassonmike
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Custom Notification Email

Post by hassonmike » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Hello,

I am working on a custom notification email which will be sent out after the customer makes a payment on a Layaway order. In order to get most applicable information to display for the customers, I would like to know if there and any variables which can be used to call Date of last payment, amount of last payment, total cost of order, and the remaining balance. Also, I would also like to display to them theyre deadline, which is 6 months from the date of purchase, to have paid the amount in full.

Ideally, it would look something like:

"
CustomerName,

thank you for your payment of (X) on (DATE of Payment). This leaves you with a balance of (BALANCE) of the Total cost: (TOTALCOST).

We would also like to remind you that this balance must be paid in full by (6 MONTHS FROM ORDER DATE).

Thank you,

(STORENAME)

"

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Custom Notification Email

Post by mazhar » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:00 am

It will be something like this.

Code: Select all

$user.FullName,

thank you for your payment of $order.Payments.LastPayment.Amount.ToString("ulc") on $order.Payments.LastPayment.PaymentDate.ToShortDateString(). This leaves you with a balance of $order.Payments.TotalUnprocessed().ToString("ulc") of the Total cost: $order.TotalCharges.ToString("ulc").

We would also like to remind you that this balance must be paid in full by $order.OrderDate.AddMonths(6).ToShortDateString().

Thank you,

$store.Name

hassonmike
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by hassonmike » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:39 am

Thank you very much, this is a huge help!

But I did notice that with "This leaves you with a balance of $order.Payments.TotalUnprocessed().ToString("ulc")", this shows the same amount of payment that was made, before it has been captured. If we capture the payment, and resend the email, it will show $order.Payments.TotalUnprocessed().ToString("ulc") to be $0.00

hassonmike
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by hassonmike » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:58 pm

I found the variable I was looking for - I changed the code for the balance to: $order.GetBalance().ToString("ulc")