Swatches and Kitting on the same page

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
kailatkb
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Swatches and Kitting on the same page

Post by kailatkb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 pm

I know that Kitting won't do swatches but that options/variants will. I tried to blend the two functions together whereby the variant of "choose color" reveals a larger swatch of color, but it is the kitting function where you purchase, however I can't toggle off the requirement that a Variant be actually chosen before checkout. Here is a screen shot showing the RED error message which requires me to pick a View Color before adding to cart. It's a little confusing for customers. Any work around or suggestion on how I might do this?
error.GIF

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Swatches and Kitting on the same page

Post by plugables » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:30 am

Make one of the color choices selected by default. There was some piece of code floating around in forums on how to make a default selection for an option. You will need to do some customization in App_Code/PageHelper.cs. The method to update I think is BuildProductChoices.