Free Shipping - Sometimes

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
mayberrys
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Free Shipping - Sometimes

Post by mayberrys » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:14 pm

I have been scouring the forums for a few days now off and on hoping to find a solution.

Our store sells 3 different types of items. Small equipment that will ship by FedEx. Large Equipment that will ship by Truck / common carrier / Freight, and Parts and accessories that will ship by USPS or FedEx.

Small Equipment ships for FREE, but can be upgraded to 2nd or Next day.
Large Equipment will have shipping costs vary by weight and destination.
Parts and Accessories will have shipping costs vary by weight and destination. ** Unless ** small equipment or large equipment are in the cart. In this case the Parts / Accessories will ship for no additional charge to the customer.

The forums have started me in the right direction but I'm struggling with the last bit.
I have established 3 Warehouses in my store: SEW (small equipment warehouse), TEW (truck equipment warehouse) and PAW (parts and accessories warehouse). FREE Shipping is associated with the SEW Warehouse and is the default.

I need to be able to sell the parts and accessories and charge the appropriate shipping charge when a customer orders them on their own, but also be able to have a free shipping option when an item from the SEW or TEW warehouses are in or added to the cart. I am not a programmer, but have been trying to learn as much as possible. I "think" there should be a way to have a routine check for an item from Warehouse SEW or TEW and then unhide the shipping option or apply it automatically. Not sure where that code would be placed. It would be even better if that would also eliminate the double shipping options at checkout because of separate warehouses, but I'll take what I can get! :D

Hoping someone has approached this and will be able to help or point me in the right direction. I am open to a Plug-in that would provide advanced shipping controls if it exists.

Thank you in advance.