Removing Manufacturer reference

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
RKS_213
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Removing Manufacturer reference

Post by RKS_213 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:21 pm

How can you remove any reference to manufacturer? I'm sure I'm going to have to edit all my ConLibs to comment stuff out but I've search for manufacturer in the ones I'm using and I'm thinking the field must be called something different. All items are made by the same manufacturer and that will never change. What's more, the original people imputting the data for these thousand+ products included some with manufacturer and others without, so category pages don't line up correctly since the manufacturer is true on only some products. I could go back and edit out the manufacturers on each product since I have to go back to each one anyway and fill custom fields, but if it's one less thing I'd like to take care of it in the ConLib.

david-ebt
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Removing Manufacturer reference

Post by david-ebt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:53 pm

On the product screen the manufacturer is in the Show Product scriptlet. In the ConLibs you should find it by searching for manufacturer. If you have the left sidebar on your results pages you'll want to modify the CategorySearchSidebar conlib.
David
http://www.ecombuildertoday.com
Enhanced Reporting for AbleCommerce

RKS_213
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by RKS_213 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:35 am

Thanks. Taking it out of Show Product looks like it did the trick. I was looking all over the Category ConLibs since that's what is used for category pages and I couldn't find anything.

So what's happening is the Category ConLib is calling a scriptlet? I was under the impression ConLibs can't call scriptlets or other ConLibs. Is this not the case? Maybe I'm reading into it wrong.

david-ebt
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by david-ebt » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:42 pm

The product page content scriptlet has some HTML/text for layout and content, some nVelocity script (like the manufacturer code) and calls several ConLib controls. So in this case it is the scriptlet that is calling the ConLib control.

I think it is possible for a ConLib to call a scriptlet, but it's not very efficient and there isn't anything available in a scriptlet that you can't get directly inside a ConLib control's code.
David
http://www.ecombuildertoday.com
Enhanced Reporting for AbleCommerce