AC not loading classes for <body> from scriptlets

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

AC not loading classes for <body> from scriptlets

Post by mouse_8b » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am

An odd issue has popped up recently in my AC 7.0.7 site. I have always had classes on my body tag in the layout scriptlets (<body class="foo">). Recently, AC stopped loading those classes into the <body> tag of the page, and I don't know why. I've been running AC 7.0.7 for months now, and the site displays properly on my testing server. Does anyone know the most likely cause of this issue? I don't have access to the settings of the server (we're hosted by a 3rd party), and we have been getting a pretty big customization installed and setup. I suppose it could be either the host or the customization, but I'd like some insight into what might be going on before I yell at people for breaking my site.

AbleTwo
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: AC not loading classes for <body> from scriptlets

Post by AbleTwo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Hello Cade,

Without looking at the actual files I can't tell. Are you using a child theme or a default Able theme. Sometimes when using a default theme and edit the css, it gets overwritten when there is a an update to the site files.

Thank you,
AWCS.net
Brittany Hazlett
AbleCommerce Support
http://www.AWCS.net
Your AbleCommerce Experts!
Brittany@awcs.net
949-544-7156

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm using a custom theme that has not been edited in a while. Scriptlets, ConLibs, and styles are the same as they were when it was displaying correctly.

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Did some more research, found more odd things. The comments from my layout scriptlet are not being sent to the browser either. All of the scriptlets for the page are being loaded in the correct order. My layout scriptlet for checkout is behaving properly - everything looks correct, the body tag has its proper class, and comments show in the page source. All of the other layout scriptlets are not displaying correctly.

Anyone have any ideas on why my server is treating some pages differently than others?

I re-uploaded my theme, but that did not help. My testing server is still showing everything properly.

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:02 pm

I just changed all of the <body class="foo"> to <div class="foo">. I'm not sure why I was using the body tag there anyway. A few adjustments to everything and I've got it rendering correctly and more logically.