need help reinstating the pay with gift certificate option

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
pgdlc
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

need help reinstating the pay with gift certificate option

Post by pgdlc » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:00 am

I'm not very experienced with code. With that in mind. . . We just started using Able last year. We hired a company to design a front-end for us which uses Able behind the scenes. They removed the option to pay with a gift certificate, because we didn't have that capability then. Now we do and I am trying to undo what they did. As it is now, the only option we offer is to pay with a credit card, so the credit card payment form displays and nothing else. I located the code in OnePageCheckOut.ascx which they commented out, that will display the payment methods list, which when the comment tags are removed works fine and displays two options, credit card or gift certificate. if you choose credit card it works fine, but if you choose gift cert, nothing happens. So, I found code in GiftCertificatePaymentForm.ascx which as been commented out that should display a place to enter the gift cert info, but when I take the comment tags off I get the following error. [[ConLib:OnePageCheckoutMod]] The ID 'Caption' is already used by another control. their modified version of OnePageCheckout is named OnePageCheckoutMod.

Here is the code in OnePageCheckout that they have commented out -
<ajax:UpdatePanel ID="PaymentAjax" runat="server">
<ContentTemplate>
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="opcPaymentFrame">
<tr>
<!-- <td id="tdPaymentMethodList" runat="server" class="opcPaymentMethods" valign="top">
<asp:RadioButtonList ID="PaymentMethodList" runat="server" DataTextField="Value" DataValueField="Key" AutoPostBack="true">
</asp:RadioButtonList>
</td> -->
<td valign="top" class="opcPaymentForm">
<asp:PlaceHolder ID="phPaymentForms" runat="server" EnableViewState="False"></asp:PlaceHolder>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</ContentTemplate
</ajax:UpdatePanel>

As I said, when I un-comment this code, it works fine.

Here is the code from GiftCertificatePaymentForm -
<!-- <table class="paymentForm">
<tr>
<th class="caption" colspan="2">
<asp:Label ID="Caption" runat="server" Text="Pay With Gift Certificate"></asp:Label>
</th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="pFcontent" colspan="2">
<asp:Label ID="GiftCertificateHelpText" runat="server" Text="Enter the gift certificate number below."></asp:Label>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<th class="rowHeader">
<asp:Label ID="GiftCertificateNumberLabel" runat="server" Text="Gift Certificate #:" AssociatedControlID="GiftCertificateNumber"></asp:Label>
</th>
<td>
<asp:TextBox ID="GiftCertificateNumber" runat="server" MaxLength="50" ValidationGroup="GiftCertificate"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="GiftCertificateNumberRequired" runat="server"
ErrorMessage="You must enter the gift certificate number."
ControlToValidate="GiftCertificateNumber" Display="Static" Text="*" ValidationGroup="GiftCertificate"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="submit" colspan="2">
<asp:ValidationSummary runat="server" ID="ValidationSummary1" ValidationGroup="GiftCertificate" />
<asp:Button ID="GiftCertificateButton" runat="server" Text="Pay With Gift Certificate" ValidationGroup="GiftCertificate" OnClick="GiftCertificateButton_Click" />
<asp:Panel runat="server" Visible="false" ID="GiftCertErrorsPanel">
<asp:Label SkinID="ErrorCondition" ID="GiftCertPaymentErrors" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>
</asp:Panel>
</td>
</tr>
</table> -->

When I un-comment this code I get the error [[ConLib:OnePageCheckoutMod]] The ID 'Caption' is already used by another control.

I have no clue what that means.

I have not been able to find any other code related to gift certificates that has been commented out.

Any help / direction would be greatly appreciated.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: need help reinstating the pay with gift certificate option

Post by jmestep » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:49 am

That means there is something else on the page that already has an id of "Caption". Probably the best way to figure this out yourself would be to compare the files with the default code that came with Able. If you don't have that I can send you the four files if you let me know what your version of Able is.
Also,by default, the gift certificate payment form doesn't show on a site unless there are gift certificates set up so it probably didn't need to be commented out.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

pgdlc
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by pgdlc » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:43 pm

We have version - AbleCommerce 7.0.7 build 14481

Thanks

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:04 am

The security on the forum wouldn't let me upload the file since it ends in .ascx
If you pm me your email address, I will send it by email.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx