Displaying data using nVelocity variables

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
Will
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Displaying data using nVelocity variables

Post by Will » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:04 pm

I am having difficulty figuring how to display product data in a scriptlet using nVelocity variables. I understand the concept and can get the ones you list in the documentation to show up just fine.

How do I figure out what other variables are available on a particular page?

I looked in the programmer.pdf you guys reference, but was unable to get it to work.

Example, on the product page, I assume we can pull in the value from a custom Merchant Field using an nVelocity variable. Looked at the "Product Object" chapter and couldn't see how the examples there map to nVelocity variables.

Thanks.

nfortune
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by nfortune » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:20 pm

Programmer.pdf...?? I would like to obtain a copy as well if it it available..

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:45 pm

nfortune wrote:Programmer.pdf...?? I would like to obtain a copy as well if it it available..
Me too! :shock:

That must be for the AC55 product, because AC7 has no equivalent reference. We will have a reference put together as soon as beta 2 is completed. This would display all merchant fields:

#foreach($tf in $Product.TemplateFields)
#if ($tf.InputField.IsMerchantField)
${tf.InputField.Name}: $tf.InputValue<br>
#end
#end

Hopefully that will get you in the right direction until a more comprehensive list of properties can be provided.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

Will
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by Will » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:06 pm

Your right, I was looking at the AC5 doc. Didn't occur to me that there wasn't one yet for AC7.

Sorry about that...

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:12 pm

Hello Will,

It's very rough, however here's the API reference guide. It should get your Nvelocity variable questions handled.

viewtopic.php?t=5511
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Will
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by Will » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:35 am

Logan Rhodehamel wrote:
nfortune wrote:Programmer.pdf...?? I would like to obtain a copy as well if it it available..
Me too! :shock:

That must be for the AC55 product, because AC7 has no equivalent reference. We will have a reference put together as soon as beta 2 is completed. This would display all merchant fields:

#foreach($tf in $Product.TemplateFields)
#if ($tf.InputField.IsMerchantField)
${tf.InputField.Name}: $tf.InputValue<br>
#end
#end

Hopefully that will get you in the right direction until a more comprehensive list of properties can be provided.
Thanks -- this really helpful.