Removing basket bar

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
Will
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Removing basket bar

Post by Will » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:42 pm

I've downloaded and installed the v7 beta on my own server. It's fantastic. Refreshingly organized and well-thought out.

For our product pages, we don't want to have the "basket bar" showing. Instead, we want the user to be taken to the main cart screen.

I changed the product page to not use the basket bar. When I do this, an click "add to cart", it looks like it invokes a javascript postback adding the item to the cart, but we aren't taken to the cart. There's no feedback that anything has happened.

Is there any way to use the product page without using the basket bar? IE: can we set it up so when something is added to the cart, the user is taken to the cart screen?

Thanks.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:52 am

Good catch. I will log a bug. We should be able to determine that the mini basket is not present on the page, and in that event send the user to the basket page. For some reason I thought it already did that.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:21 pm

Hello Will,

Thanks for the kind comments! Can i quote you :D
I've downloaded and installed the v7 beta on my own server. It's fantastic. Refreshingly organized and well-thought out.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Will
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by Will » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:15 pm

Sure, you can quote me.

I'll trade you for an asp control that lets me sort products on the category list page by a manufacturer field. :)

I've got my custom control displaying the specific manufacturer field for each product in the list, but now I need to be able to sort by that field's value (integer).

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:29 pm

Hello Will,

Can you describe what you looking for in more detail. We'll continually be adding new controls to the software so that even novice users will be able to get the look and feel that there looking for.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Will
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by Will » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:51 pm

Here's the screen I'm working on.

http://stg.gimmecoffee.com.mytempweb.co ... e__C7.aspx

I have a specific merchant field value displaying in the product list and have also added it as an option in the "sort" dropdown. The sorting doesn't work -- haven't figured that out yet.

On this page I would like to be able to easily display the value of any merchant field associated with a product and be able to sort by that value.

Ideally, I would like to be able to easily display the value of any property associated with a product and be able to sort by it. I'm not a programmer and don't really have a sense for how hard it would be to make this generic.

Hope this helps.

I'm psyched how easy it is to modify a control. Reminds me of WordPress plugins in that they would be easy to create and share with folks. You might consider creating a place online people can share controls and scriptlets with each other. Sort of a community library.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:01 pm

Hello Will,

Is the 'Merchant Field Value' coming from the product template fields?
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Will
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by Will » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:36 pm

Yes. I took the logic in the nVelocity script Logan Rhodehamel posted earlier:

#foreach($tf in $Product.TemplateFields)
#if ($tf.InputField.IsMerchantField)
${tf.InputField.Name}: $tf.InputValue<br>
#end
#end

and (converted to C#) am using that to get and display the merchant field value.