Checkout process beta2

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
mitch
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Checkout process beta2

Post by mitch » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:25 pm

Hi guys

I'm using the beta2 and the new checkout looks great, only one suggestion: After filling in/confirming the shipping details at the first step, the button to continue to the next step is labelled 'Get Shipping Rates' rather than 'Continue' or similar... I just found this to be a bit of a disconnect in terms of the user experience. I would have thought 'Get Shipping Rates' gave me a popup or something rather than continuing on to the next step of the checkout.
Mitch

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:04 pm

Hello Mitch,

It's the most common text used on other one page checkouts we reviewed, so we went with it.

Edit line:289 in OnePageCheckout.ascx edit the 'Text' property as you wish.

Code: Select all

<asp:LinkButton ID="GetShipRatesButton" runat="server" Text="Get Shipping Rates" SkinID="Button" EnableViewState="false" OnClick="GetShipRatesButton_Click" ValidationGroup="OPC" />
Be sure to follow the instruction in the customization guide in regards to moving customized controls to the /conlib/custom directory so we don't overwrite your changes on upgrade.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook