setting minimum shipping charges

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
cerami2
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

setting minimum shipping charges

Post by cerami2 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:01 pm

I want to set my cart so the minumin for shipping would be 3.98 is there somewere to set this in the cart

Thanks
Joe
Last edited by cerami2 on Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:07 pm

which shipping method are you using?
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

cerami2

usps

Post by cerami2 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:54 am

I am using usps and i need a minumun of 3.98 .

cerami2

would some one answer this

Post by cerami2 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:19 pm

I need a minumin shipping amount for usps to be 3.98 can this be done in 7.0

cerami2

does anyone know how to do this

Post by cerami2 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:06 am

does anyone know how to do this

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:21 am

The default implementation will return whatever rates are obtained from USPS. One thing you can do is that you can define a handling charge for each shipping method in your store.

Without making any customizations you can possibly have 2 solutions depending on what you want.
If you do not want to show to the user shipping methods with shipping rate less than 3.98, you need to find out the USPS shipping methods that are likely to return shipping charges less than 3.98 and remove them from your shipping methods list.

Another solution could be that you find out which USPS shipping methods are likely to return shipping amount less than 3.98 and add a handling charge for those methods.

If you want to manipulate the shipping charges returned by USPS you will have to do some customizations. In ConLib/OnePageCheckout.ascs.cs somewhere in 'ShipmentList_ItemDataBound' you will have to make necessary adjustments in order to make sure that no ship rate quote is less than 3.98.

If you make customizations to OnePageCheckout, it would be better that you put your customized work in ConLib/Custom folder so that the original page remains intact. This will help you in future upgrades of AC.

cerami2

thank you

Post by cerami2 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:07 am

thank you for getting back to me

cerami2

Re: setting minimum shipping charges

Post by cerami2 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 am

if you want to manipulate the shipping charges returned by USPS you will have to do some customizations. In ConLib/OnePageCheckout.ascs.cs somewhere in 'ShipmentList_ItemDataBound' you will have to make necessary adjustments in order to make sure that no ship rate quote is less than 3.98.

If you make customizations to OnePageCheckout, it would be better that you put your customized work in ConLib/Custom folder so that the original page remains intact. This will help you in future upgrades of AC.

Can someone tell me were to edit code in this file please i need help again on this subject