Video

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
Tomgard
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Video

Post by Tomgard » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:46 pm

I would like to add video to my site. The file types vary from YouTube to Flash to whatever else I can get my hands on that is relevant to my offering. Can anyone recommend a video player that will work well with Able Commerce and support multiple file types.
Bryan Bundgaard
AC7 User http://www.SchoolSupplyStore.com

Rick J
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Video

Post by Rick J » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:40 pm

I am also interested in trying to ad a short clip that features on of our products. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

kastnerd
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by kastnerd » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:06 am

I have integrated a FLV video files. There are many FLV players out there, some free some cost a little. Its the same file format used on YouTube. But I prefer hosting the video file my self. There are a few different application or ways to convert your video to FLV. Some players allow you to have a high and low rez of the video.

Rick J
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Rick J » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:02 am

I suppose my major question is if I wanted to post the video on my main page what field would I need to put it into and what type of coding would I need to have it embedded onto the page? :?

kastnerd
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by kastnerd » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:34 am

I have used this in the past
http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/

You just past some simple code on the page you want the video to be.