How can I change how a kit product is displayed

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
Abinator
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

How can I change how a kit product is displayed

Post by Abinator » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:21 pm

I have products that I want to use kits/bundles on. I want to use them to offer 1oz, 2oz, 4oz, 8oz, and 16oz sizes. This will allow the underlying products to be pulled from inventory in the right quantities. Ok, here is my question...

How can I remove the (qty) between the product display name and the price? I have attached a screenshot to show you what I want to remove.
ScreenShot059.jpg
Thanks in advance for your help!
Abninator

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: How can I change how a kit product is displayed

Post by mazhar » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:09 am

Read the following post, its about removing the price when kitted products are shown in dropdown list. Yours will be a quite similar one.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=9451

kastnerd
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by kastnerd » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:25 pm

is it a 4oz bottle or 4 1oz bottles? It looks like you are selling them 4 4oz bottles. If you set the quantity to 1 it should not display. But if you are using 4 of them. Then you would need to edit the code to not display it.

Abinator
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Abinator » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:30 pm

It is One 4oz bottle, but I want it to take four 1oz quantities from the inventory. I also have a bottle and cap in each kit that are hidden. I am going to work on the code tonight or tomorrow, but I'm not sure I know enough to get it right. I will see if I can come up with something from the examples shown.

I will post more after I try the code. If anyone knows what changes I should make to the code Mazhar pointed out, I could probably use the help.

Abinator
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Abinator » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:33 am

I got it... Thanks mazhar! I was able to modify the code from the post you referred me to. That text would have been very confusing to my customers, and it looks great now. Best of all, it should pull the kit components from the inventory just like I want now.

Thanks for chiming in and trying to help kastnerd

Abinator