Buy 1 product Get any other product free coupon

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
55%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
36%
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
9%
I'd never use this feature.
No votes

Total votes: 11

Carolharry
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Buy 1 product Get any other product free coupon

Post by Carolharry » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:24 am

BOGO coupon will be very useful. That is a basic functionality every E-commerce solution has.

Or

Ability to apply volume discount between categories. Buy a product from this Parent category A and get % off of products from Category B,C,D.

Or

Add an accessory to the basket for a product and get % off.

These will be very helpful.

Thanks.

snap624
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Re: Buy 1 product Get any other product free coupon

Post by snap624 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am

I would like to see something like a Buy This, Get This option (not necessarily BOGO). Having the ability to apply volume discounts across categories or products would be good. I would like see buy X# items from category X and/or Y, receive Free shipping or x$ off your order. Right now the volume discount seems only to work if a customer buys a certain number of 1 product. Products in the same category can have the same kind of discount but a customer still needs to buy a specific number of a specific product. If I want to have buy 5, get $5 off your order, a customer needs to buy 5 of one particular item rather than 2 of product A and 3 of B. I was hoping when I saw the volume discount option in the cart, that I could specify which category (or products) the discount would apply to, and then if a customer selected any items from within this category (as long as they bought the required number of items in any combination) the discount would take effect. Not so, though :(

Carolharry
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by Carolharry » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:46 am

Hi snap624

You can set up volume discount within category by changing volume discount mode in store-->settings. Look for volume discounts in settings page and check on "Group By Category". This way volume discount will be applied even if different products are bought within the same category

Thanks,
Carol

snap624
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by snap624 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:26 am

Ahh, thanks for the tip, Carol. I completely missed that setting. Thanks! :) I still would rather have the discount applied as a flat fee for the group of items rather than on a per item basis, though (unless I over looked some other setting!)