Need to restrict sale of certain items based on region

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
100%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
No votes
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
No votes
I'd never use this feature.
No votes

Total votes: 3

snap624
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Need to restrict sale of certain items based on region

Post by snap624 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:51 am

Our store is generally for the US. However, there are some products we will ship internationally. If an international visitor comes to our store they are encouraged to enter through the appropriate portal (Canadian shoppers enter here, for example). But there is no guarantee they will do so. So they can add a whole bunch of items to their cart only to find that most are not available to them. We would like to be able to say this item is available to this region (US by default) plus others, for example. If a customer enters through the appropriate portal, only those products available to them would be displayed. If they don't enter through the portal, when they go to check out items that are not available to them should be automatically removed from their cart with a message explaining why. Perhaps having a little indicator on the product display page also (indicating which regions this item is available to might be nice also).

related is: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8494