Enhance Email Templates Processing

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
No votes
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
No votes
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
No votes
I'd never use this feature.
No votes

Total votes: 0

ZLA
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Enhance Email Templates Processing

Post by ZLA » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:05 am

Right now, we only have the ability to modify email templates but not when or how they are called. I'm wondering if it's possible to provide a code interface that is called by the system but that could be modified for customization.

For example, if we could hook in to the CommerceBuilder.Messaging.EmailTemplate.Send method we would have the ability to customize email functionality. For example, we could replace the standard vendor notification (one email for all vendors in an order) with multiple emails (one for each vendor) without having to code for custom order statuses in several locations.
Last edited by ZLA on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZLA
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: Enhance Email Templates Processing

Post by ZLA » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Another idea is to provide a generic name/value pair table that can be accessed via a new nVelocity object. It could be essentially a simple collection. A step above simple would be to create the table with a number of optional foreign key references to simplify usage. For example a simple table like the following:
  • NameValueId
  • StoreId
  • Name
  • Value
  • OrderId
  • OrderItemId
  • ProductId