How the system handles inventory.. discussion

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.
compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

How the system handles inventory.. discussion

Post by compunerdy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:27 pm

I have my system setup to destock as soon as a order is placed (doesnt matter what order status ie.. paid, problem, etc..). This way theoretically I should never oversell items.

I THINK doing it this way makes the most sense.. tell me if I am wrong.

The issue I have is editing the order after it is placed. I will break this up into 2 sections.. adding parts and subtracting parts.

Adding parts to a order..

If you add a part to a order the inventory is not adjusted until it is changed to a different "destock" order status. This can easily cause you to oversell items.

Subtracting a part from a order..

The system does nothing... I asked Able about this and the response was that if you want to remove a part from a order and have it added back into inventory then you need to use the return function. Well as you know you cant do this until the shipment has been created. So you would have to wait until after you ship the package and then remember to go back in and do a return on the part the customer did not want. This makes no sense to me.

So in short..

The system needs to be changed so that AS you add or subtract parts while editing a order in admin the inventory needs to be adjusted to reflect this right then and there.

Again.. please correct me if I am wrong..