Variant Level Discounts

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.
johne417
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Variant Level Discounts

Post by johne417 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:56 am

I would like to put in a request in for discounts to work at the variant level. Sometimes a client has an excess of inventory of certain variants and wants to create a discount for a certain color or size for a certain shirt or widget to move inventory without the discount applying to all other variants of that product. One of our clients also uses groups to apply discounts to specific groups of users, and wants to give certain groups access to certain variant-level discounts.

Thanks,
John

Kalamazoo
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Re: Variant Level Discounts

Post by Kalamazoo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi John,

I played with the variant pricing over the weekend and found it very easy to use in the matrix of options. Is there anyway to just use the matrix and go about providing the discounts that way? As I write this, I guess you are thinking in an easier, global way though aren't you.

Wish I could help,

Phil Chrisman

SkylineTech

Post by SkylineTech » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:14 pm

johne417 wrote:I would like to put in a request in for discounts to work at the variant level. Sometimes a client has an excess of inventory of certain variants and wants to create a discount for a certain color or size for a certain shirt or widget to move inventory without the discount applying to all other variants of that product. One of our clients also uses groups to apply discounts to specific groups of users, and wants to give certain groups access to certain variant-level discounts.

Thanks,
John
+1, we need this functionality also.

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by plugables » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:14 am

+ 1

ozlighting
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by ozlighting » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:01 pm

Us too - this is very important for us. We have exactly the same needs as johne417, our suppliers may discontinue only one variant of a product and will give us a huge discount on the remaining stock which we want to pass onto our customers. we currently have to create a new product for that variant and remove the variant from the original product
Australian Online Lighting Store

log on and light up...