Filter for Manage Variants

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.
RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Filter for Manage Variants

Post by RichWendrock » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 am

In the Admin Panel under Options and Variants, clicking the Manage Variants button will display all of the product variations. It is there that one can mark specific product variations unavailable so they do not appear in the list when the customer makes the selection. I recently had to mark variations unavailable for four of our products. Each of the four products has 7 options that result in over 70,000 variations of each product. It took me over three hours to page through the list of variations and mark those options unavailable for just one product. I even used the go to page feature to speed up the display. One down and three products to modify.

The process would be much better if there was a way to filter the display. One way to filter the display would be to add dropdown lists of the options. Selecting an option in a dropdown list would limit the display to only those variations that contain the option.
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Filter for Manage Variants

Post by plugables » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:36 am

+1
Managing variants, when there are a lot, can be very difficult if all of them are displayed.