Donot display Countries with zero Provinces

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.
RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Donot display Countries with zero Provinces

Post by RichWendrock » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:17 pm

It would be best if you provide a way to hide Countries so they do not appear in the Countries Dropdown for shipping address.

Admin/Shipping/Countries/Default.aspx

But at least do not display Countries with no Provinces defined in any of the dropdown lists.
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: Donot display Countries with zero Provinces

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:50 pm

That might not always be the right thing though.. An off hand example might be when Puerto Rico is defined as a country. That's not terribly uncommon and it wouldn't have any provinces.

Is the problem that your country list has countries you never intend to sell to? You could delete them from the country list. One thing I had been considering is better control over what countries get added into the database when you install. It's really cool that our list is complete, and we put a LOT of time into making sure the postal formats are correct, but I am guessing we include FAR too many countries for most of our customers. I mean Pitcairn has a population less than my neighborhood...

Mexico, Canada, and the US are not enough... but all countries is too much.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Donot display Countries with zero Provinces

Post by RichWendrock » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Having all of the countries is great. You are saving us a lot of work when we need to add a country I do not want to delete all the good work that has been done. Presently we do not ship to most countries. But there may come a time when I need to add a country and it would be great if the country list would work similar to the way the products work in the categories. Hide those we do not need now.
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634