Vendor Login (and manage own shipments...)

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.
NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Vendor Login (and manage own shipments...)

Post by NC Software » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello AC Community,

Something I've requested for some time now -- I'd like to see the vendors have the ability to login to a "Vendor Control Panel" similar to the Admin but tailored for them. When a vendor logs in they can view reports on only their products, stats, and most importantly, can manage their own shipments. I don't like it how drop shippers (vendors) have to e-mail me shipment notifications and I (or someone designated) has to handle entering this info into AC to process pending shipments. If we could allow vendors to do it themselves it sure would reduce our work load.

AC does not think this is a priority item, i.e. that anyone wants this functionality. If you think a Vendor Control Panel would be a benefit to you please chime in here. If you have any suggestions on what you would want it to do, please add to this thread.

Presently there is limited use of the fixed "roles" in AC and it's too hard to restrict the information available for people to view. This system would restrict all data to that related to the Vendor.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.