Shipping options display in checkout

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.
ChipWV
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Shipping options display in checkout

Post by ChipWV » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 pm

I'd like to suggest that the display of shipping options during checkout should be changed from a drop down control to radio buttons. While the drop down is more compact it only shows the customer one option without interacting with the control. Some customers start moving pretty fast through the checkout process and can miss the option of changing shipping. The default behavior of AC7 would be to select the fist valid option in the list. That coud be Priority Mail at a higher price than FedEx Ground the second entry in the list.

I have had Joe Payne customize our checkout to show valid options with a radio button list sorted from lowest cost to highest cost with the lowest cost being selected (ie Default) The sort logic should also be applied to the estimator, but that is less critical. Over the last year since the change, we don't see what look like obvious mistakes of overpriced shipping options chosen, just because it was first in the list.

Hope this helps
Chip

kastnerd
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: Shipping options display in checkout

Post by kastnerd » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:03 am

agree

Richard47
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by Richard47 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Agree

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Agree yet again.. I have no clue why AC does not include these customizations that people ask for over and over and that need to be modified over and over with the core product. Some of them are even written by their own programmers so why not include them. To name a few..

Option to account for box weights in real time shipping - been asked for since 2007 viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6145&p=24804&hilit=weight#p24804
Radio button shipping options - asked for since 2008 viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8555&hilit=+radio+button
Treeview menus - asked for since 2007 viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5740&hilit=+box+weight
Contact Us control - asked for since 2008 viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7954&hilit=contact

Some other ideas I did not search about..

Liquid layout theme
Notify E-mail when back in stock
Customers by SKU report
Option to not display any manufacturing info on the storefront (a big one for me)
Better invoices.. one with everything on it (these are always a pain to customize)