FEDEX Integration - PLEEEEAASE!!!

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

Are you interested in real integration with FEDEX?

ABSOLUTELY!
No votes
Somewhat Interested
No votes
Not at All
100%
What is Fedex?
No votes

Total votes: 1

bugman
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

FEDEX Integration - PLEEEEAASE!!!

Post by bugman » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Please Ablecommerce, PLEASE do whatever it takes to get REAL, SUPPORTED integration with FEDEX.

I can't be the only one who is "limping along" with the open source Fedex connector for AC Gold... there HAS to be lots of AC users who use Fedex as their primary carrier... we need real Fedex functionality & support!

The open source Fedex connector would seem to be a great place to start. It does return rates to my shopping cart, but the rates are not always accurate (not the same rates I get when I login to Fedex.com). Sometimes rates from the connector are below my actual Fedex costs. I have a decent add-on setup in the connector, so I come out OK MOST of the time, but the uncertainty shouldn't be there. I have spent HOURS trying to determine where the glitch is (RES fee not being pulled?... DAS not being pulled?... discount being applied incorrectly?...) - I cannot find a pattern. I'm not a programmer, but I HAVE to believe that someone who IS a programmer could go through the open source code & make this thing more accurate & reliable.

SURELY there is someone that can get behind this and get it resolved?!?

Come on AC community, are you interested in pushing this issue???
Thanks!

--
bugman
AbleCommerce for ASP.NET
VERSION: 7.0.90.8302
Release Label: GoldR10

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: FEDEX Integration - PLEEEEAASE!!!

Post by Katie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:31 pm

FedEx is a joke to become certified for. Literally thousands of dollars and 100's of hours to get certified. Until they get their head out of the sand, we're not getting involved. They were even requiring us to have auto insurance for AbleCommerce even though we don't have any vehicles. They are nuts!
This was a private post from 12+ months ago.

Maybe we can try to reconnect with someone from FedEx to see if their conditions for certification have changed. They (FedEx) contacted us and said either get certified or remove it from the application. It's too bad they have to be so ridiculous.

If you are having specific issues with the connector, we can try to help resolve them. I would need to get some information about the shipment, destination, origin, and package weight/dimensions. I'm more than happy to help.

Thanks
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support