Coupons that grant bonus products

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
25%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
50%
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
25%
I'd never use this feature.
No votes

Total votes: 4

mitch
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Coupons that grant bonus products

Post by mitch » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:36 pm

Hi guys

A suggested feature for a future release:

Currently coupons allow discounts to be received on orders. It would be great if a new type of coupon was made available that granted 'bonus' products. For example, if a customer places an order and uses promotional coupon X they receive a free product Y.
Mitch

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by sweeperq » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Yes, I agree. We currently grant a free gift to our customers when they use a coupon and the merchandise total is over $X.

Had to custom code it into AC5.5, but currently, the source is not available for AC7.

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

AC Devs, Plz Respond!!!

Post by sweeperq » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:00 am

Does no one else find this useful? This offer is a huge draw for us.

We added this in AC5.5, but it was a painstaking experience. It would be better if it was fully integrated into AC for the masses to use (although I do like the current competitive advantage).

Judy, I seem to remember you having a free t-shirt offer on the paintball site. How did you implement this?

Devs, I think this would take:

1. An extra table for the free gifts (FreeGift_ID, SKU, Name, Image)
2. An extra field in the order coupon form: a drop down with the free gifts listed.
3. The rules for applying the free gift to the order would be the same as applying any discounts.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:51 pm

I would like to see this also

calvis
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Good Idea

Post by calvis » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:46 pm

I would like to see this as well, but I would like to see the customer pick from a collection of free products. For example there are five different freebies and have the customer pick which one they want.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:18 am

Sam- I think with our free tee shirt, once it was with a purchase of certain products and we had it a hidden kit. If it was for orders over $xxx, the packers had to remember to put the tee shirt in when they packed.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by sweeperq » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Is anyone from AC still actively checking the Feature Requests, or has the window for features already lapsed?

The reason I ask is that there are some key features mandated by management that I need in order to go live. Most of the stuff I can code around on the front-end, but the following items appear to require core CommerceBuilder customizations.

1. Free gift coupon. Works just like any other coupon, but adds a free gift line item instead of a discount. Notes: Specify SKU, cannot adjust quantity in cart.

2. Customized shipping calculator. I need the matrix to be calculated for the whole order, then apply a flat rate fee for each shipment. It is not the most friendly logic, but unfortunately it is how a lot of the food gift industry (Figis, Swiss Colony, Wisconsin Cheeseman) calculate shipping.

While I'm confident in my abilities to customize the CB classes to meet our business needs (already did it 5.5), the CB source is currently unavailable for AC7 and will be for at least a couple more months (selling beta software as a finished product is a whole other topic we won't go in to).

I can probably work around the shipping calculator...it is not something many would find useful besides us. However, I don't want to replicate all of the coupon logic for free gifts if at all possible.

DonAshby
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by DonAshby » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:48 pm

We agree - it is much better to give away a product ( with margin in it ) than discounting dollars. But a choice really is necessary otherwise you will lose a lot of people ( who dont want the 1 item you are offering ).

Don :)