RMA system (return merchandise authorization)

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
50%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
50%
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
No votes
I'd never use this feature.
No votes

Total votes: 2

satori
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

RMA system (return merchandise authorization)

Post by satori » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:29 pm

This is a biggie for me.

Allow merchants to Enable Returns, have an option to either Automatically Approve RMA or manually approve.

Then, in both the Admin and when a customer views a past order, have a checkbox in which an admin or customer can check products they want to return, and then a submit button to "Return Item(s)".

It will then bring up a Return page listing all the products/skus they wanted to return, with a Reason dropdown list for each one - such as "Changed Mind", "Wrong Size", "Incorrect item", whatever. The form would also automatically fill in their customer Name, Email, Phone details, as well as a Comments note for further comments. When they press submit, the page will give them their RMA and information on how to send the return back.

Then, on the Admin side, show a report on all returns, filterable by Open, Pending, Closed, or whatever. When Merchants receive a return, they look up the RMA, and click the RMA # to view a return for more detail.

Merchants can then enter quantity received and a checkbox to replace it to inventory (or not), and then close the return.

It could make a note on the customer order that the return was processed. Currently on my old cart I head to the order and do the refund there and manually make a note that the RMA was processed.

Hope this helps!