Allow option for using UPS and FedEx collect account numbers

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
No votes
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
29%
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
71%
I'd never use this feature.
No votes

Total votes: 7

igavemybest
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Allow option for using UPS and FedEx collect account numbers

Post by igavemybest » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:53 pm

It would be great if there was an option to allow customers to have the option of using their company's UPS or FedEx accounts. If "Use your own account" or "Collect" (it would be great if we could name it what we wanted) was selected, then a textbox appeared that would require the customer to input their FedEx or UPS account # for shipping.

Robbie@FireFold
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: Allow option for using UPS and FedEx collect account numbers

Post by Robbie@FireFold » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:32 am

Could be a nice feature. Only problem is how do you check to make sure its their real account?
Robbie Hodge
General Manager
Robbie@FireFold.com
http://www.FireFold.com

igavemybest
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by igavemybest » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:34 pm

You can call UPS or FedEx, but it is only for business anyway. Also, there could be some option (like a checkbox) for the Admin to verify it, if it was verified the account # could be stored and when they checkout again they would have the option to use that stored and verified number, a new account number (often multiple business locations have different accounts for accounting purposes) which could also be stored, or they could pick another shipping option.

Feedback?

MartinZ
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by MartinZ » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:40 am

We have customers in our Business System that already have their own Shipping Accounts that we use since they get a better rate. Some of those customers will be given accounts in our AC7 store to purchase some of these items online. Would this feature be something our internal developer would need to create for AC7? or does AC7 Admin allow for customizing this part of the system (I haven't seen it yet)? or is there a third-party solution that can be integrated with AC7 to handle this?

Indeed this would be handy. And if a new customer inputs an invalid account number, we simply follow up with them and either correct the number or cancel the order. Sounds fair.

bluecherry

Post by bluecherry » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:20 pm

We just created a free shipping method and set it to flat rate:
'Use my UPS or Fedex account number listed below in order comments'

It works well
igavemybest wrote:It would be great if there was an option to allow customers to have the option of using their company's UPS or FedEx accounts. If "Use your own account" or "Collect" (it would be great if we could name it what we wanted) was selected, then a textbox appeared that would require the customer to input their FedEx or UPS account # for shipping.