Shipping discounts for integrated carriers

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
75%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
No votes
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
No votes
I'd never use this feature.
25%

Total votes: 4

WylieE
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Shipping discounts for integrated carriers

Post by WylieE » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:34 pm

AbleCommerce has the code in place to allow us (general AC population) to receive negotiated rated with our integrated carriers. Unfortunately, this code is not working for UPS and it does not appear to be AC's fault. We've spent several weeks with UPS Tech Support trying to retrieve our negotiated rates. We finally have it working for US shipments but not international shipments.

Everything AC is sending to matches the UPS SDK, but it seems like there is a configuration issue on the UPS side. This is entirely outside of our control and quite frustrating.

It would be wonderful is a discount field could be added to the integrated carriers options. Allow us to enter our discount and take that discount off the returned rates. This would allow us to give our international customers shipping options with valid rates. They wouldn't perfectly match our negotiated rates, but it would be close enough.

Thanks!
Eric Wylie
Warmoth Guitar Products, Inc.
http://www.warmoth.com

calvis
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Shipping discounts for integrated carriers

Post by calvis » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:09 pm

We get a very generous discount with UPS on International rates. We would love to pass our discounts to our international customers. UPS international rates can be extremely costly and some times unreal. We shipped a package today to the capital of Latvia at 4 pounds which cost over 234+ dollars.

This is a good feature if you do international shipping and want to help your international customers out.
Able Customer Since 1999 Currently Running on GOLD R12 SR1 and PCI Certified.