Streamline ViewState code...

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.
IndyTwoStep
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Streamline ViewState code...

Post by IndyTwoStep » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:43 am

As I work on my site, the one thing that bothers me more and more is the ViewState ID.

I have read several aritcles here about moving it to the bottom of the page, which doesn't really solve the issue.

Is streamlining this code something that the developers see as any kind of priority moving forward? I understand with a major software rewrite, many things are done in haste, and it is understandable. But it would be nice to know that as this release matures, this will be looked at. I have seen many pages on ViewState bloat, and it seems to be common, and many times avoidable problem in many ASP.NET applications.

I would like to deliver to my viewers a page with minimal code. Even if they are note aware of the code at all, I like the idea of delivering to them a 25 KB page instead of a 120 KB page simply due to the amount of ViewState code the ecommerce app produces.

I have found my way around many other issues and am pleased with how things are progressing, even if way too slowly! Too much other stuff going on at work!

Thank you!!!

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Streamline ViewState code...

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:16 pm

Hello,

AbleCommerce 7.0 was NOT written in haste (nada, nope, no), and virtually every retail page was optimized to reduce the viewstate size to it's absolute minimum and maintain functionality. If there is a particular page that produces what you think is excessive amounts of viewstate then please let us know! There are no open bugs or feature enhancements for view state that I'm aware of.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Streamline ViewState code...

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Hello,
If there is a particular page that produces what you think is excessive amounts of viewstate then please let us know! There are no open bugs or feature enhancements for view state that I'm aware of.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook