Price calculated by entering percentage off MSRP

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
33%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
No votes
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
No votes
I'd never use this feature.
67%

Total votes: 3

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Price calculated by entering percentage off MSRP

Post by draneb » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:38 pm

I have always wanted this feature. I would like to see a field next to the price in the admin where you could enter a number for percentage off and have AbleCommerce dynamically calculate the Price based on the % off the MSRP entered. One would enter a fixed price or % off MSRP like this...

Price:______ or % off MSRP:______

With my previous shopping cart the only way to enter the price was to assign a percentage off the retail price. So after over 10 years of using that cart I have become used to pricing that way.

It would speed up the process of adding new products by so much. I do believe getting the calculator out and calculating the percentage off of the MSRP is the most time consuming part of adding a new product for me.

Certainly others use this method to calculate the Our Price (Sale Price). Is this built in somewhere and I'm just missing it?

Thank you.
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Price calculated by entering percentage off MSRP

Post by jmestep » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:17 pm

This isn't built in, but if you enter your products using the dataport .csv , you can put the MSRP in one column of excel, with a formula in the next column to calculate your price, that would do it automatically. Then save the excel file as a .csv file. The dataport doesn't have documentation yet, so be sure you fill out all the necessary fields (there might be a list of them in another dataport post) or you will have to fix your data by hand. On the prices, make sure that you convert the columns in excel to general format if they are currency format. I didn't on one upload and ended up with 1000 products with no price.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx