Gift Certificate Transaction Scheme

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
40%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
No votes
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
40%
I'd never use this feature.
20%

Total votes: 5

marbesman
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Gift Certificate Transaction Scheme

Post by marbesman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:14 am

Hello,

One of my customers has requested that they be able to view the Gift Certificate serial number if the order was paid for with a gift certificate. Currently the administration shows that a gift certificate was used, but not the actual serial number.

My customer's data originated in a POS system and she would like to keep this up to date as much as possible. She would like to update the gift certificate records in the POS from the transactions in the store. She'll be doing this manually, but eventually we'll use a web service for the data interchange.

Anyways, I noticed the GiftCertifcatetransaction table only links the transaction to the order record, not the payment record.

It would seem logical to the link the payment record to the gift certificate transaction. This would allow easier understanding of how much was paid from a gift certificate. Also if multiple payments were made using different gift certificates, it would nice to know the payment that matches the gift certificate serial number.

If possible, please consider this in your next release.

Thank you,

Marc

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Re: Gift Certificate Transaction Scheme

Post by sohaib » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:23 am

I think what you are saying makes good sense.
When we review the features for the next major version we will have a look at this one as well.

bobr2k
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Gift Certificate Transactions in AC7

Post by bobr2k » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Is there some place in the wiki or other that explains how the gift certificate works in ac 7? I've searched the forum and browsed in the ac7 user guide but can't quite see how it comes together. Some specific questions I have.

This has been rewritten and moved to viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8609
Bob R.
"Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks." -- Steven Wright