POS System Ability

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
45%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
10%
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
25%
I'd never use this feature.
20%

Total votes: 20

Robbie@FireFold
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

POS System Ability

Post by Robbie@FireFold » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm

A future request. The ability to have POS mode. I've seen this in a few softwares. Could be useful for companies like us that have local walkin traffic.
Robbie Hodge
General Manager
Robbie@FireFold.com
http://www.FireFold.com

aaronfrankel
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Re: POS System Ability

Post by aaronfrankel » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:26 am

I had experience with this in our previous IT/POS Solution. It was disastrous. A better solution - for us - was to integrate Able with an existing POS system like Microsoft RMS. If you are doing low walk-in volumes this may not be as big of an issue for you. Our entire system went down a couple of times during a couple 2,500+ transaction days. To have one part go down is bad, but when you are reliant on one system to run everything it can go very badly very quickly.

napacabs

Re: POS System Ability

Post by napacabs » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 am

Perhaps an integration with Authorize.Net's Virtual Point of Sale (VPOS), that would incorporate card swiping ability. A simple interface such as the one offered by imonggo.com, a web based POS that enables one to swipe cards and print receipts. It would be nice to have something like this in the Ablecommerce admin to minimize order management and retain inventory control.