How to Manage Browser History

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
100%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
No votes
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
No votes
I'd never use this feature.
No votes

Total votes: 1

atulkhare
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

How to Manage Browser History

Post by atulkhare » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:42 am

I am explaining my issue here . I am mentioning my issue here with using Ablecommerce 7.0 version.
Please follow these steps and make sure there is some problem in basket or I am commiting any mistake
USING MOZILLA FIREFOX:-
First add “ All-in-one printer “ in cart . and Add another product “USB 2.0 cable” in cart so now two products All-in-one printer and USB cable in displaying in Basket . now you click on CheckOut Now button..so next page will be open ..now use back button to come back to previous Basket page where two products were displaying but now recently added product is not display(means USB 2.0 cable is not visible in basket,it is visible when I click on refresh button) when I again add SAME USB 2.0 cable in basket then now that USB 2.0 cable will display with 2 quantity in basket..but if I again go to check out button and come back to basket page.then recently added product is not displaying..in this time when I click on to refresh button “USB cable” is display but with only 1 quantity but that should be display with 2 quantity.

USING INTERNET EXPLORER :-
With using INTERNET EXPLORER it is working , but I used to refresh every time..
Add any product in basket and click on check Out button and come back to basket page with use of Next button.and Add another product and click on check Out buttong and again go back to basket page .now recently added product is not display but when I refresh the page that product is display.again Add another quantity of the same product ,and again click on checkout button and come back to basket page now their quantities are displaying currectly but clicking on refresh button displaying currectly.but uses of Refresh button is wrong way to get result.
why the user refresh the page again and again..product should be visible on basket without refreshing..
What should I do to resolve this problem.please take it on priority..my work is totally affacting due to this problem..

Thanks and Regard
Atul Khare

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: How to Manage Browser History

Post by jmestep » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:49 am

I didn't have the problem in FF. I was not logged in as a user and when I clicked checkout, I then logged in. Before I logged in, I went back to the basket and it was OK, after I logged in, I went back to basket and it was still OK.
Have you customized anything or am I not following the steps you described? I've worked on about 10 Able 7 sites and not seen this problem.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

atulkhare
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by atulkhare » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 pm

i have also used that ablecommerce demo
http://demo.ablecommerce.com/ac7_stable/
which is given to me by mazhar....
you are not following these steps..i have already describe my problem before..
and you also accepted that is a problem due to ajax..but now you saying you have not seen this before..so please follow these steps which i have already mentioned before..i have spent my two days for removing this problem.
or please give me any reference where i can communicate online......

Thanks and Regard
Atul Khare
IdeaVate Solution

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:54 am

As discussed previously this is due to ajax+browser back button problem. The ajax is used to achieve better performance. A quick way to make back button work in this case it to make a full post back instead of partial. In fact when you add first product from the home page through featured products grid its a full post back and browser manages the history for that. Now when you try to add the cable to basket it takes you to the product details page and that page makes use of ajax. You can remove the ajax from the product details page and it will start working as you desired.

You can edit the ConLib/BuyProductDialog.ascx file and remove the following four lines from it

Code: Select all

<ajax:UpdatePanel ID="BuyProductPanel" runat="server" UpdateMode="Always">
    <ContentTemplate>

and

Code: Select all

</ContentTemplate>
</ajax:UpdatePanel>
Now if you add some product from product details page and made a checkout then click the back button the minibasket will show the update information. This will solve the browser back button problem in this case at a cost of performance.