Add Checkout by Amazon as another checkout option

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
81%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
No votes
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
8%
I'd never use this feature.
12%

Total votes: 26

combra
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Add Checkout by Amazon as another checkout option

Post by combra » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:03 pm

I would like Checkout by Amazon added as another checkout option for AC. It's comparable to Google Checkout, but could open up another avenue of customers that prefer Amazon. Checkout by Amazon allows them to use their Amazon account on your website.

One of the new features that I think is great is that it allows you to upsell Amazon products that you don't stock, during the checkout process and earn referral fees on them if you are already part of the Amazon Associates program. You can also upsell your own accessory products just before your customer's pay, another plus.

More info for those that are interested, https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/business?sn=cba/o
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

combra

Re: Add Checkout by Amazon as another checkout option

Post by combra » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:27 am

combra wrote:I would like Checkout by Amazon added as another checkout option for AC. It's comparable to Google Checkout, but could open up another avenue of customers that prefer Amazon. Checkout by Amazon allows them to use their Amazon account on your website.

One of the new features that I think is great is that it allows you to upsell Amazon products that you don't stock, during the checkout process and earn referral fees on them if you are already part of the Amazon Associates program. You can also upsell your own accessory products just before your customer's pay, another plus.

More info for those that are interested, https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/business?sn=cba/o
Mike & AC Staff,

How likely is it that Checkout by Amazon can be added? Amazon announced today that they will offer free payment processing through September 30th of this year to new customers (https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/offer#terms). This makes it even more enticing and with Google Checkout's pending rate increases, I would like to offer Checkout by Amazon to my customers.

Article:
http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y09/m04/i30/s01

Thanks,
Brandon
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

sdlong02

Post by sdlong02 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:46 pm

combra

Post by combra » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:25 am

Can we please add Checkout By Amazon as another checkout option? It's been almost a year since I first requested it.

"Mercent Says Amazon Payments Outperforms Google Checkout"

"Mercent CEO Eric Best said he is hearing from his merchants that Amazon Payments is outperforming Google Checkout on volume, second only to PayPal and traditional credit cards in popularity."

Source: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y09/m09/i25/s01

My customers want to use Checkout by Amazon. How do we make this happen?

Thanks,
Brandon
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

igavemybest
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by igavemybest » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:39 am

This seems to be ignored, AC..can we have some feedback please? Are you planning this or not??

combra

Post by combra » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Amazon Customers Can Now Checkout Directly on Merchant Websites
The next generation of Checkout by Amazon (CBA) enables Amazon.com account holders to make purchases on a merchant's site using their Amazon.com account credentials without leaving the merchant's site. Consumers can now access their Amazon address book and payment methods directly on a merchant's site. In the past, consumers would be redirected from a merchant's site after clicking the checkout button.

Checkout by Amazon offers two options, Inline Checkout, which can be fully integrated into merchants' existing checkout flow and allows merchants to provide an experience consistent with their brand; and Standard Checkout, which allows customers to review all order details and complete the order in a single co-branded pop-up browser window.

General Manager of Amazon Payments Baris Cetinok said the enhancements to CBA reflect feedback from merchants who wanted to offer Amazon.com customers the convenience of using their account information with a more streamlined buying experience. CBA's tighter integration with merchant sites also means a substantial reduction in implementation time and supports all of a merchant's promotions, tax rules and shipping settings automatically.
Source: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y10/m09/i10/s03
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

sdlong02

Post by sdlong02 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Thought I'd bump this post as I personally was surprised this is not implemented yet. After meeting up with the Amazon CBA (Checkout by Amazon) team and trying to get them to jumpstart this, according to the Able team, there isn't enough interest?

Additional threads besides this one requesting Amazon Payments / Checkout by Amazon:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=14035&p=60356&hilit=amazon#p60356
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2945&p=60349&hilit=amazon#p60349
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13908&p=59746&hili ... out#p59746
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6631&p=56891&hilit ... out#p56891

This was the official response from Able in regards to CBA (I figure it's important since all the CBA requests have been ignored on the forum for over 2 years):

"Regretfully, we’ve decided to hold off on the integration until we see more interest from our customers. Presently all resources are being applied toward other projects." -12/13/2010

Even with a compilation of what I could find on the spot in the forum, I must admit it is a lackluster display of interest. Is this really where everybody stands in regards to CBA?

combra

Post by combra » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:27 pm

sdlong02 - I pushed on the Amazon end about a year ago to no avail as well. It's really up to AbleCommerce.

Mike and team at AbleCommerce - Sometimes business decisions and product feature changes need to be made based upon what competitors offer and what industry data shows, instead of waiting for more interest from a customer base before making a change. There are already numerous articles posted in this thread with facts that can help you make a decision. Only a fraction of AC's customers use this forum, so waiting for a certain amount of interest from a customer base shouldn't be the sole determinant for making business decisions and product feature changes...

Please make the right decision and add Checkout by Amazon soon.

-Brandon
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

edinos
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by edinos » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:03 am

Is Amazon checkout going to be added? We would love to have amazon checkout added. Who doesn't use amazon??? Also Can anyone help us add the google checkout out? We had soomeone attempt to set us up but it ended up not working with our Ablecommerce 7 site. It was a huge embarassment for us during the holidays. Made our company look really bad. Any help would be appreciated.

stumash
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by stumash » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:15 pm

I also would like Amazon Payments to be added as along with paypal and google check out. Especially since I cant get google checkout to work correcetly after several attempts. This leaves me with only Paypal as an alternative payment method. This is VERY important to me and I am sure others as well!

Lowestdeal.com

stumash
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by stumash » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:38 pm

I received a quote from a develeper to add Amazon Payments to Able Commerce, About $3,000, Does any one want o get together and chip in? The more people we get the cheaper it will be for each of us. You can reach me at support@mdsupplier.com

Stuart Husney
MD Supplier

edinos

Post by edinos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:48 am

Who quoted you 3,000? Lol

sdlong02

Post by sdlong02 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:34 pm

It's pretty ridiculous that we even need to consider a custom integration for Amazon Checkout. The fact that they have something like 114 million active users as of 08/2010. Or the fact that they outgrew e-commerce itself by about 500% this year.

No, let's not tap into that customer base. It's frustrating that we paid for a platform for its superior support and then sit here and watch all the free open source platforms integrate Amazon Checkout while we twiddle our thumbs. And nobody at Able will even address the issue, instead we sit here with little to no information for a year and a half. You guys can only ignore the elephant in the room for so long. Amazon is the behemoth of e-commerce right now and ignoring a problem for this long means lost time and money.

edinos

Post by edinos » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:56 am

I love my Ablecommerce store but I just went ahead and setup a amazon webstore until they take a look at it. As a business owner you cannot ignore the traffic that amazon gets.

bhill

Post by bhill » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:02 pm

We run online bookstore so this is even more important to us, yes please integrate the Amazon checkout.

mike92117
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by mike92117 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:33 pm

This is an important feature which I would like to see implemented. I noticed that your competitor (aspdotnetstorefront) has this in their latest version.

illyrianmoon
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by illyrianmoon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:27 am

I would definitely like to see Amazon Payments added. I spoke to Amazon about the integration, and they sent an email linking back to this thread and advising me to submit a request. They also said, "Our engineers would be happy to advise them on the best way to integrate the program so their users could easily add it to their webstores."

This would definitely be a worthwhile addition to the AC store.

ferozisch
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by ferozisch » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:02 am

What is the benefit of adding Amazon Checkout to my website checkout options?

edinos

Post by edinos » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:58 am

Has anything been done yet with the amazon checkout? Almost a necessity with any e-tailor now.

Thanks