Inventory Control & Auto Hide Products with Count 0

Post feature requests to this forum and a pre-configured poll will automatically be created for you.

How important is this enhancement to you?

It's a critical enhancement that I must have.
63%
It's an important enhancement but others are more critical.
No votes
I'd like to have it but it's not that important.
No votes
I'd never use this feature.
38%

Total votes: 8

TTMedia
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Inventory Control & Auto Hide Products with Count 0

Post by TTMedia » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:43 pm

I would like to see an option, simple check box, that gives us the control of telling the system, that when a product reaches an inventory count of 0, that product is automatically hidden from public view.

If you do not provide back ordering and you have to manage 1000's of products, it can become a hassle to maintain what is currently on your site and what is not. (I know you can check inventory counts but you can't consistently be on top of it)

We would like to prevent ordering of products that are out of stock.

milstudy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Inventory Control & Auto Hide Products with Count 0

Post by milstudy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:16 am

Absolutely vital! Nothing more embarrassing than having to explain to your customers how an out-of-stock item can be selected, when one thing that separates you from your competitors is that the fact that you only list in-stock items (or attempt to manage it manually). Just one more ideal task for a computer that isn't implemented.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:31 am

There is a disable purchase checkbox on the product edit page that does that. You can edit that in batches with the DataPort utility. You might not want to take the product off the site completely if it will be coming back into stock. By keeping it on, you retain your number of links in search engines and customers won't get a 404.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

sdlong02

Post by sdlong02 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:31 am

jmestep wrote:There is a disable purchase checkbox on the product edit page that does that. You can edit that in batches with the DataPort utility. You might not want to take the product off the site completely if it will be coming back into stock. By keeping it on, you retain your number of links in search engines and customers won't get a 404.
Agreed. The inability to buy an out-of-stock product works for me. Keeping the links up for the search engines is more important to me.