Firefox autocomplete password

This forum is dedicated to answering AbleCommerce 7.0 questions about PCI certification and compliance.
triplw
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Firefox autocomplete password

Post by triplw » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:51 am

The login password field is being autocompleted in Firefox and this caused my site to fail the security scan. How do I disable this?

triplw
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Firefox autocomplete password

Post by triplw » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 am

On my windows7 machine using firefox 15.0 the password for my login is autofilling when remember me is checked or not. I am running a 7.0.6 store. I have tried to change the LoginDialog.ascx.cs by adding Password.Attributes.Add("autocomplete", "off"); There are no other modifications.
It had no effect.
Can anyone help with this?

AbleTwo
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by AbleTwo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Have you tried to turn off the "remember password" setting in firefox under security? If not try to turn that off and delete all history and cookies before trying the scan again.
Brittany Hazlett
AbleCommerce Support
http://www.AWCS.net
Your AbleCommerce Experts!
Brittany@awcs.net
949-544-7156

triplw
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by triplw » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:23 pm

I know how to do that in firefox. We signed up with a new credit card company and they said that when they scanned my website that it was auto-completing the login password field and we weren't PCI compliant. I told them that it was the user's browser settings and they finally backed down.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:07 pm

It might be that FireFox does not respect the autocomplete attribute. According to https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... completion you can set autocomplete off on the entire form and FireFox will respect that.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.