Web Interface for TaxProviders

This forum is where we'll mirror posts that are of value to the community so they may be more easily found.
mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Web Interface for TaxProviders

Post by mazhar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:22 am

This is web interface for tax providers. Currently if you have to use some custom Tax Provider you have to manually enter the information in the database in ac_TaxGateways table. The attachment contains a single ASPX page that you have to put in the Taxes folder in the the Admin and provide a link to the page so that admin can access it. This page will give you the ability to add/edit the TaxProviders information. You can set the following information for a TaxProvider

Name :-
Name of your gateway

ClassId :-
.NET Class ID used to create an instance of your gateway. For examples, you can look in ac_PaymentGateways (assuming you have a gateway configured).

ConfigData :-
If you need to provide configuration data it can be stored here in a URL encoded string. For example, key1=value&key2=value. The values in the field will be accessible in your integration by using the GetConfigData() method. If you are producing an integration only for yourselves, you don't need to worry about this as any configuration should be hard coded instead.

In order to install this module download and extract the zip file and place the page in same directory structure in which it will be after extracting the zip.

nickc
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Web Interface for TaxProviders

Post by nickc » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:03 am

Thanks! I can use this.

I get the feeling I could off-handedly suggest that world peace would be nice, and Mazhar would have a solution sometime tomorrow. :wink:
Better not push my luck.

Keep up the fine work.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:17 am

I'm working on implementing a tax provider in 7.0.2. What should I put in the new field ReCrypt?
Thanks
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:15 am

Just keep it empty.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:21 am

It doesn't like that- it doesn't allow nulls, so I set it to false.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:46 am

jmestep wrote:It doesn't like that- it doesn't allow nulls, so I set it to false.
thats fine.

num5labonte
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by num5labonte » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:03 am

mazhar

I had this implemented and working in 7.0.1 however after upgrading to 7.0.3 attempting to access the provider admin page crashes the app pool. Was there an update for this module that I may have missed?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:31 am

No you didn't missed any thing because no patch is released for this mod. If there will be any patch for this you will find it in same thread. Anyhow I installed mod files on my local install of 7.0.3 and all seems good to me. I am able to see the tax gateways and can do add/edit/delete operation upon them. Make sure that you haven't modified any thing. Secondly do you suspect there is something specific that may relate to this? Some gateway, tax setting etc ?

num5labonte
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by num5labonte » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Sorry, after reading your reply I dug a little further. It in fact isn't this module but the "Third Party Providers" link that is causing the problem. It has been awhile since I configured this and thought that is where the module was located. The TaxGateways.aspx renders fine.

Thanks for your help.