Report sample for finding out the missing images

This forum is where we'll mirror posts that are of value to the community so they may be more easily found.
mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Report sample for finding out the missing images

Post by mazhar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:52 am

In order to install the report extract the zip file and place the MissingImages.aspx file in your Admin/Reports/ folder. Also you can update your admin menu to incorporate a link to this newly added report. This report will iterate over all store products and check the local images link and will report the missing images information.

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Report sample for finding out the missing images

Post by draneb » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:16 am

I make massive changes to my online catalog at the beginning of every year and this program comes in very handy.

What do you think about a similar one being made (or added to the program above) that will check the weight field and report if any weights are missing or are 0.00?

When you add so many new products such as I do there is always a fear that I miss putting in a weight here and there. I know I also get an occasional email from customers saying they did not get any shipping methods listed at checkout and that is most likely due to a product they are trying to buy with a weight being 0.00 somewhere.

Thank you.
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:03 am

Here is the report for 0.00 weight filter.

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by draneb » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:43 am

Perfect, thank you!

FYI, when the link shows for a product that is missing the product weight the link takes me to the product on the website. I didn't know if you had intended to do it that way or if it is intended to take you into the Product Description in the Admin so that you could make the change.

Thanks again!
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:30 am

draneb wrote:Perfect, thank you!

FYI, when the link shows for a product that is missing the product weight the link takes me to the product on the website. I didn't know if you had intended to do it that way or if it is intended to take you into the Product Description in the Admin so that you could make the change.

Thanks again!
You are right, It would be very helpful if we link the product to Edit Product page. here is the updated report file.

ZLA
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by ZLA » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Here is a slight modification of the missing images report which makes the product title a link to the product's basic images information (that is, .../Admin/Products/Assets/Images.aspx?ProductId=123).

By the way, the code for this corrects a misspelling: prodcut changed to product.

calvis
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by calvis » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:46 pm

ZLA wrote:Here is a slight modification of the missing images report which makes the product title a link to the product's basic images information (that is, .../Admin/Products/Assets/Images.aspx?ProductId=123).

By the way, the code for this corrects a misspelling: prodcut changed to product.

I tried the code, but when I page to the second page of missing images I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.; The GridView 'MissingImagesGrid' fired event PageIndexChanging which wasn't handled.
Do you have any clue what might be causing that?

Thanks
Able Customer Since 1999 Currently Running on GOLD R12 SR1 and PCI Certified.

ZLA
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by ZLA » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:13 pm

I just modified the file that Mazhar provided but I didn't change anything related to paging. My site only has two missing images so I only have a single page and can't reproduce your error.

I did noticed the gridview has allowpaging="true". You might try setting it to false and seeing if you get all missing images. Hopefully that won't be too many to display at one time.

However, I believe you can find the real solution to the problem here: http://forums.asp.net/p/956540/1177923.aspx#1177923

calvis
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by calvis » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:57 pm

ZLA wrote:I just modified the file that Mazhar provided but I didn't change anything related to paging. My site only has two missing images so I only have a single page and can't reproduce your error.

I did noticed the gridview has allowpaging="true". You might try setting it to false and seeing if you get all missing images. Hopefully that won't be too many to display at one time.

However, I believe you can find the real solution to the problem here: http://forums.asp.net/p/956540/1177923.aspx#1177923
Yeah, setting allowpaging="false" did the trick.
Able Customer Since 1999 Currently Running on GOLD R12 SR1 and PCI Certified.

Retodd87
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Retodd87 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:23 pm

newbie question
Where would I update the admin menu to incorporate a link to these reports.

ZLA
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by ZLA » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:33 am

Just update menu.sitemap and breadcrumbs.sitemap in the Admin folder.

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by draneb » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

These reports have been great. With Google Base's new requirements I need to update all of my products to include the manufacturer.
I am not a programmer. I soooo wished I was! I tried taking the ValidateProducts.aspx page and editing it to create a MissingManufacturer.aspx page but can't get it to work.

I thought I could just mainly change the line
if (product.Weight <= 0)
to something like
if (product.Manufacturer != null)
or
if (product.Manufacturer.Name != null)
or
if (product.ManufacturerId <= 0)

but that throws errors. If anyone has a need for a MissingManufacturer report could they please post the solution?
Thank you!
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by draneb » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:50 pm

By George I think I got it...

Seems like
if (product.ManufacturerId == 0)
worked.
AC 7.0.3 build 13937