Multilanguage store

This forum is for questions and issues arising from the use of AbleCommerce 7.0 outside the United States. International purchases of AbleCommerce 7.0 are way up. Thank you!
dbianco
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Multilanguage store

Post by dbianco » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:02 am

Hello,
I'm working (hard) in order to make AC7 multilanguage.

It is not simply a matter of translation of the software, but I also need to manage a multilanguage product catalog.

Unfortunately the catalog is not designed for multilanguage. The users who are browsing in English should see different product from those who are seeing the French version.

I did a simple workaround in the catalogue:
I created hidden categories IT, EN, FR, DE etc...
Inside each category I created the real website category, in the relative language.
Therefore I made a change in the catalogue menu in order to show only the subcategories of the current language (it, en etc...).

The problem is in all the other functionalities:
- How can I manage the "Top seller", "Recently viewed", "Featured products" etc... in order to show only the product in the correct language?

This solution has 2 major problems:
- Each product translation is in effect a different product (an it may impact on statistict, sku duplication etc...)
- Each time I need to check product language I need to check the category "grandfather" (langCategName-categname-prodname)

Is there a better solution? Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Daniele