Looking at Major Change

This forum is for questions and issues arising from the use of AbleCommerce 7.0 outside the United States. International purchases of AbleCommerce 7.0 are way up. Thank you!
krittleb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Looking at Major Change

Post by krittleb » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:11 pm

We have been in business for a little over 3 yrs and have been blessed with fabulous sales and tremendous growth. However, we are now looking at extremely large amounts in income tax this year and project much higher in the coming years so are looking at drastic measures to slow the bleed to Uncle Sam.

Has anyone located in the US looked into setting up their business as an off-shore company? Supposedly online stores are the most ideal type of business to be able to do this as you can stay in the US but "operate" as if you were overseas with your distribution center located in the US.

We will need to select a country with low income tax (Costa Rica is looking the best right now) and purchase an office space, set-up all our banking accounts in the same country, and also have our site hosted on a server in that country. However, I know that AC has specific server requirements for optimal performance that are relatively hard to find.

Has anyone else considered/researched this at all? Any recommendations on off-shore servers that work well would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by krittleb on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Looking at Major Change

Post by plugables » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:20 am

...and also have our site hosted on a server in that country
Is this also a requirement? It shouldn't be I suppose.

krittleb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Looking at Major Change

Post by krittleb » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:06 am

We had read some information which indicated that, but now thinking about it, I don't know how they could use that to classify where your business is located as I presume AC clients from other countries use US servers!? It all makes my head hurt so I was hoping some other online company had already waded through some of this and could help pave the road.