Visa Debit (Delta/Electron)

This forum is for questions and issues arising from the use of AbleCommerce 7.0 outside the United States. International purchases of AbleCommerce 7.0 are way up. Thank you!
Jusedawg
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Visa Debit (Delta/Electron)

Post by Jusedawg » Wed May 21, 2008 3:10 pm

We are in the process of integrating a new custom payment gateway for Global Collect and I am in need of a little help and direction. Creating the gateway was the easy part. The thing I am having an issue with is adding the Visa Electron and Visa Delta options as Credit Card payment options.

I see there is a Visa Debit (Electron/Delta) option, but Global Collect treats these items as separate payment methods. I tried adding two of them and giving them different names, but they do not show up under credit cards during checkout.

Any ides how to work around this until we get the source code?

Thanks,

Chad

Jusedawg

Re: Visa Debit (Delta/Electron)

Post by Jusedawg » Wed May 21, 2008 3:52 pm

I think I may have just figured it out.

I added two payment methods based on the Visa Debit Type in the Admin

Visa Delta and Visa Electron

I then modified CreditCardPaymentForm.ascx as follows...

Code: Select all

//LOAD AVAILABLE PAYMENT METHODS
        PaymentMethodCollection methods = StoreDataHelper.GetPaymentMethods(Token.Instance.UserId);
        foreach(PaymentMethod method in methods)
        {
            if (method.IsCreditCard() == true || method.Name == "Visa Delta" || method.Name == "Visa Electron")
            {
                CardType.Items.Add(new ListItem(method.Name, method.PaymentMethodId.ToString()));
            }
        }

Then in the GlobalCollect gateway API I changed the payment detemination to this...

Code: Select all

//DETERMINE METHOD AND TYPE
            Payment payment = authorizeRequest.Payment;
            PaymentInstrument instrument = payment.PaymentMethod.PaymentInstrument;
            switch (instrument)
            {
                case PaymentInstrument.AmericanExpress:
                    transactionData.Append("<PAYMENTPRODUCTID>2</PAYMENTPRODUCTID>");
                    break;
                case PaymentInstrument.Discover:
                    transactionData.Append("<PAYMENTPRODUCTID>128</PAYMENTPRODUCTID>");
                    break;
                case PaymentInstrument.MasterCard:
                    transactionData.Append("<PAYMENTPRODUCTID>3</PAYMENTPRODUCTID>");
                    break;
                case PaymentInstrument.Visa:
                    transactionData.Append("<PAYMENTPRODUCTID>1</PAYMENTPRODUCTID>");
                    break;
                case PaymentInstrument.JCB:
                    transactionData.Append("<PAYMENTPRODUCTID>125</PAYMENTPRODUCTID>");
                    break;
                case PaymentInstrument.VisaDebit:
                    if (payment.PaymentMethod.Name == "Visa Delta")
                    {
                        transactionData.Append("<PAYMENTPRODUCTID>111</PAYMENTPRODUCTID>");
                    }
                    else if (payment.PaymentMethod.Name == "Visa Electron")
                    {
                        transactionData.Append("<PAYMENTPRODUCTID>122</PAYMENTPRODUCTID>");
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        transactionData.Append("<PAYMENTPRODUCTID>1</PAYMENTPRODUCTID>");
                    }
                    break;
                case PaymentInstrument.Check:
                    transactionData.Append("<PAYMENTPRODUCTID>12</PAYMENTPRODUCTID>");
                    break;
                default:
                    throw new ArgumentException("This gateway does not support the requested payment instrument: " + instrument.ToString());
            }
Does anyone see anything wrong with handling it this way or a better way of doing it?

Maybe this will also help someone else as well. It seems to do what I need.

Thanks,

Chad

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:30 am

In our AC7.0 final release, there was an issue with international payments that is resolved. The Visa/Debit option was poorly executed in the RC3 - we made it available for some developer-merchants who wanted to complete it.

In our final release, you can create the Visa/Debit option and it will appear in the checkout form. For international debit methods, we will also collect issue number or start date. At this time we have not integrated any payment gateways that support real-time processing of these cards.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:31 am

(But no, there is nothing wrong with the way you solved the issue.)
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

krab119
Spammer
Spammer

Post by krab119 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:07 am

This post has been deleted for spamming, and the user is banned.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:06 am

This thread is a bit old... the original poster solved their issue using the posted code. What is the problem you are running into?
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

calvis
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by calvis » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:21 am

The poster is just making a comment to post their link spam. Most likely they don't have a clue about the gist of the conversation.
Able Customer Since 1999 Currently Running on GOLD R12 SR1 and PCI Certified.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:35 am

Dang it, you are right. They tricked me. Hmm.... I think we need to update our registration spam question.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:12 am

I noticed the spam but didn't post. I've got so that if it's a spammer, I torment them for you.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx