Search Result Error

This forum is for questions and issues arising from the use of AbleCommerce 7.0 outside the United States. International purchases of AbleCommerce 7.0 are way up. Thank you!
faithhw
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Search Result Error

Post by faithhw » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:46 am

I have some problem with search engine in my website. Search result doesn't true. Example, a product I insert some search keyword but in the live site, i type that keyword and press search, the result doesn't have that product.
Additional, I delete a product from my store but when i search the name of that product, the result still show this product.
How can I solve these problem?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Search Result Error

Post by mazhar » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:38 pm

what is the version of application you are running?
and also
Search result doesn't true. Example, a product I insert some search keyword but in the live site, i type that keyword and press search, the result doesn't have that product.
Does the search operation brings the complete products of the store?

faithhw
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by faithhw » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:21 pm

I have solved this problem. Because I remove Category Search sidebar in the search page ^^.

But the problem: I delete a product from my store but when i search the name of that product, the result still show this product. I can't solve it. Help me.
I use AbeCommerce 7.0

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:51 pm

It may be because of that your product belongs to more then one categories, so delete operation just removed it from the category where you deleted but left in the second one.

faithhw
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by faithhw » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 am

Thanks you very much, I have solved this problem ^^.