UK Payment gateways - Worldpay

This forum is for questions and issues arising from the use of AbleCommerce 7.0 outside the United States. International purchases of AbleCommerce 7.0 are way up. Thank you!
rosshugo
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

UK Payment gateways - Worldpay

Post by rosshugo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:03 am

Hi,

I purchased AC7.0 on the basis I could integrate with Worldpay as per the AC website http://www.ablecommerce.com/Payment-Pro ... W5C33.aspx

I've now built the site and want to add the gateway but can't find support for it. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Carolharry
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: UK Payment gateways - Worldpay

Post by Carolharry » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:55 am

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: UK Payment gateways - Worldpay

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 am

My memory on this is fuzzy because it was a while ago. I seem to remember that WorldPay approached us and asked whether we would be willing to produce an integration. We agreed and included this for AC55.

Afterward some of our customers attempted to sign up with them to use the integration and they were turned away. WorldPay said the integration was only available to major corporate customers.

The WorldPay hosted payment pages could be integrated but they do not fit into our checkout process quite as well. For most of our gateways, the checkout process is something like this:

build cart - collect payment info - record order - authorize payment - record payment

For WorldPay, the checkout process needs to go like this:

build cart - record order - redirect to payment screen - wait for payment notification

This sequence is identical to how the PayPal button works. It's possible to integrate, but for some reason we have not added this gateway yet. I will suggest that we investigate, although it would not be something we could produce in the near term.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.