"Authentication Failed" using dataport 7.0.2

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
dadkind
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

"Authentication Failed" using dataport 7.0.2

Post by dadkind » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:20 am

Hello All,
I'm trying to get our existing users ported into our new store.

I've downloaded DataPort 7.0.2 (7.0.34 errors discussed below) to access our app.
In the DataPort app, I connect OK.

But when I try to do an "All Users" export from our server I get an error message (dialog attached) that states:
Authentication Failed. ... 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission'.... at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.ACRequestHandler.ProcessRequest(String requestXml) at ClientApiService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
Then a second dialog follows with a message stating "Invalid Response From Server" (or something along those lines).

The server is on a shared hosting environment (GoDaddy; not sure if that is a problem). I'd assume that the DLL works in a medium trust environment (??).

(I tried using DataPort 7.0.34 but I kept getting "Version Errors" when I try to connect. Is the DP7.0.34 not compatible with stores on 7.0.2 DB ?)

Has anyone seen the attached exception/error? Is there a workaround?

We're coming to the end of our project and this will likely put a big dent on our schedule if we need to come up with a workaround for importing existing users.

Thanks,
-tomas
DataPortErrorDialog.jpg

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: "Authentication Failed" using dataport 7.0.2

Post by Naveed » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:15 pm

It seems to be some security permissions error. Please have a look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9820

It seems that "Rick Morris" was facing a similar problem and he resolved the issue by updating file permissions. Although he has not discussed the solution in details but You can private message him to ask for details..

dadkind

Post by dadkind » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:18 am

That was not the answer.

I was finally able to upload my users. But the "symptoms" indicate a problem with the DataPort in a Medium-Security enviornment (like GoDaddy).

Details/Workaround:

1. Download a CSV of users from the DEV server (to get the file structure).
2. Used MSAccess to append my existing users info to the CSV file
3. Upload the CSV file to the GoDaddy server. No problems uploading!

This indicates that there is a problem with downloading files from a shared hosting environment.
Specifically,
1. The DataPort DLLs was not compiled to work in a Medium trust environment,
2. The DataPort tool tries to create a temporary file (perhaps in the system's %TEMP% folder), which is not allowed in this case
3. Something else ???

Anyway, problem solved. But it should not have been a problem in the first place!

-tomas
Naveed wrote:It seems to be some security permissions error. Please have a look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9820

It seems that "Rick Morris" was facing a similar problem and he resolved the issue by updating file permissions. Although he has not discussed the solution in details but You can private message him to ask for details..

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:52 am

It is good to know that your problem is partially solved. But are you able to export your user records as well? Can you please confirm that you can now export users from GoDaddy server?

If still getting the error then please copy-paste the complete error log as well.
You can get the detailed log from the app.log file or from Admin -> Help -> error log page.

dadkind

Post by dadkind » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Naveed,
The export still fails.

Attached are the lines from the error log that correspond to my export attempt.

I'm also attaching the XML file that was saved to disk before the error messages started popping up. There were three sets of the Exception message followed by "The server returned invalid data"

Thanks for looking into this (but the error log does not seem to provide any useful information).

I've been contacted by PM by other GoDaddy users with the same problem. So something is amiss.

-tomas

Naveed wrote:It is good to know that your problem is partially solved. But are you able to export your user records as well? Can you please confirm that you can now export users from GoDaddy server?

If still getting the error then please copy-paste the complete error log as well.
You can get the detailed log from the app.log file or from Admin -> Help -> error log page.