Is there a DataPort version available for Able Commerve 7.1

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
msalman
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Is there a DataPort version available for Able Commerve 7.1

Post by msalman » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:18 pm

We just developed a client site using AC version 7.1. Build 10875. The client now wants to integrate UPS worldship and by looking at the forums, I found that Able-Commerce provides DataPort utility that generates a CSV in UPS WorldShip format. I just installed Dataport 7.0.34 and also updated the dlls in the bin but now when I try to connect using the super user account, I get the version mismatch error.

Version mismatch, Store version '7.1' did not match the expected version '7.0'.
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of DataPort and the DataPort API. It is strongly recommended to update your store and get the compatible version of DataPort application.

I have the following versions of dlls in the bin: CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api: 7.0.34.0, CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Csv: 7.0.34.0

I am not able to find a version of dataport utility that would work with AC 7.1. Where can I find a version of DataPort that would work with AC 7.1? Also if I ignore this warning and try to import a CSV file, I get the Authentication Failed error. i.e. String or binary data would be truncated.The error is in ClientApi\ClientApiService.ashx: line 39

The client wants this feature as soon as possible so please let me know if this problem can be solved quickly.
Thanks.

afm
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Is there a DataPort version available for Able Commerve 7.1

Post by afm » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:29 pm

7.1 was renamed 7.0.1 and there is a version of DataPort for 7.0.1.

http://help.ablecommerce.com/upgrades/a ... hanges.htm
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10052
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing

msalman
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by msalman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:01 am

Thanks for the quick response.
I downloaded the DataPort version from the link you provided but now I am getting version mismatch warning on 'CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll'.
Warning: Version mismatch, You are running DataPort utility 7.1.35.0 for AbleCommerce 7.0.1 Store and we have detected an older version of CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll in the AbleCommerce \bin\ folder. Please update the DLL to match the version of the DataPort utility.

The zip file that I downloaded from the link you provided is missing the compatible version of 'CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll'. Also this DataPort version doesn't seem to have a download format for UPS WorldShip which is a bit strange considering it was available in the earlier versions.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 am

msalman wrote:The zip file that I downloaded from the link you provided is missing the compatible version of 'CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll'. Also this DataPort version doesn't seem to have a download format for UPS WorldShip which is a bit strange considering it was available in the earlier versions.
Thanks for pointing out. We will update the zip file soon.

However there is a possible workaround. Please install the Dataport using the installer provided. Now open the DataPort installation directory. Path might be something similar to "C:\Program Files\AbleCommerce\AbleCommerce DataPort 7.0.1". Use/upload the dll files in the installation directory:

CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll
CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Csv.dll

And regarding the USP worldship export/import feature, it is removed because we were not able to test the feature for real data. Hopefully it will be included in future versions.

msalman
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by msalman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:44 am

Thanks. The workaround worked pretty well. I am able to download orders now.

However our main purpose of installing DataPort utility was to download orders in UPS Worldship format.
If that format is not available any more then we'll have to generate a CSV file and map fields required by UPS worldship with those in the Able-Commerce store.
Is there any documentation available that we can follow to map the fields in Able-commerce with those required by UPS worldship?

msalman
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by msalman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Can I have some further assistance on it.
I will be creating a csv file manually now in asp.net and need to know what fields in Able-Commerce db will map to the fields in UPS Worldship.
The list of fields required by UPS Worldship are listed at http://www.ups.com/media/en/SampleOrderImport1.pdf.

A few of these fields like 'SHIPTO_COMPANYORNAME' , 'SHIPTO_STREETADDRESS' can easily be mapped to the fields in Able-Commerce DB but I am not able to figure out what mappings should be used for other fields like 'SHIPMENTINFORMATION_BILLINGOPTION', 'SHIPMENTINFORMATION_QVNOPTION', 'PACKAGE_REFERENCE1', 'PACKAGE_DECLAREDVALUEAMOUNT', 'SHIPTO_LOCATIONID' etc.

Dataport Utility for AC 7.1 no longer supports exporting file in Worldship format but this feature was supported in previous versions so I am wondering if I can get a sample csv file that people used to generate previously so I can see what data was getting populated in the CSV file.