Exporting VAT Numbers with Orders

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
niall08
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Exporting VAT Numbers with Orders

Post by niall08 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:20 am

At the minute I'm storing a user's VAT Number in the Comments field in the ac_Users table..

I need to export this data when exporting orders - how do I do that?

Additionally, is there a way of filtering the data - e.g. users based in Europe??

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Exporting VAT Numbers with Orders

Post by mazhar » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:56 am

At the minute I'm storing a user's VAT Number in the Comments field in the ac_Users table..

I need to export this data when exporting orders - how do I do that?
There is nothing out of the box to export users information with order export. One way could be to first export order and then export users. Then write some custom code that manipulate both order and users CSV's and generate your desired CSV by using user name information available with order for mapping between orders and users.
Additionally, is there a way of filtering the data - e.g. users based in Europe??
Use customized user download option and select the selected user option on dataport. Finally specify the country for which you want to download users.

niall08
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Exporting VAT Numbers with Orders

Post by niall08 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:44 am

Thanks Mazhar

My understanding was that AC is supposed to be an international tool - the storage of VAT data and the export of this data in relation to orders is IMPERATIVE to EU businesses for accounting purposes, but the current iteration of AC doesn't look like it can't handle this..