DataPort Connection Error: Authentication Failed...

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
dave@givemore.com
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

DataPort Connection Error: Authentication Failed...

Post by dave@givemore.com » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:52 pm

I'm not able to connect to our store using the DataPort 1.0.0.31 application. We're using AbleCommerce v7.0, BUILD 8839.

I know there is a newer version of DataPort (7.0.34.0), but it says it's only compatible with BUILDs 9879 and later, and we don't fit that description, so I haven't tried that yet.

Here is the error message I get when I try to connect:

Code: Select all

Authentication Failed. An unknown error occured while processing request. Exception Message:Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.EncodeHelper.GetTopElement(String Xml)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.ACRequentHandler.ProcessRequent(String requestXml)
at ClientApiService.ProcessRequent(HttpContext context) in d:\www\givemore.com\ClientApi\ClientApiService.ashx:line 42
I've checked my username/password is correct. I have correct Super User permissions. All the necessary ports should be open on our server (where the store is located). I'm not sure what else to try.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Give More Media
http://www.givemore.com/

afm
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: DataPort Connection Error: Authentication Failed...

Post by afm » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:42 pm

That message, in this context, almost always means DataPort was expecting some XML data, but the server sent some HTML instead.

Lots of things can cause the server to send HTML instead of the XML that was expected. For example,

1. The web site might be missing a DLL (check the readme that came with DataPort...I think it wants you to copy some files to the web site).

2. You copied the DLL's to the web site, but they might be incompatible with the version of AbleCommerce that you have.

3. The DataPort handler might be missing on the server (unlikely).

4. The server might be configured to require Forms authentication (I just ran into this with a customer trying to run my Shipper product).

The first is easy to fix...just copy the files...but the others are hard to diagnose. If you have Fiddler installed, you can watch the authentication request from DataPort and the response from the server. It might tell you more about what is going wrong.
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:27 am

dave@givemore.com wrote:I'm not able to connect to our store using the DataPort 1.0.0.31 application.
You are not using the latest version of DataPort. Please use the latest release version of Dataport. What is version of your store?

For 7.0 stores the latest version is 7.0.34. You can download it from:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5707&start=0

For 7.0.1 stores the latest version is 7.0.1. You can download it from:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10052

For 7.0.2 stores the latest version is 7.0.2. You can download it from:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10053&start=0

For more help regarding DataPort please have a look at DataPort wiki page:
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com/index.php/DataPort_Utility

dave@givemore.com
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by dave@givemore.com » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am

Naveed,

We're using AbleCommerce v7.0, BUILD 8839. I downloaded the version of DataPort you recommended for 7.0 stores (DataPort v7.0.34). I copied both .dll files into the /bin directory like it says. I'm still getting the same error message as I originally posted.

Can you help me understand what this error means? And what I can try to alleviate it?

Thanks.
Give More Media

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed May 06, 2009 4:59 am

There may be some problem with the "Client Api Service URL". The Client API service URL should use same protocol and server name you are using to browse the website.

To check if you are using the correct service url, type it to your browser address bar. You should get something like "Invalid or Empty request" in xml response.

If you still have problem, please quote the service URL here? Or alternately you can send that to me in PM?

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed May 20, 2009 1:58 am

You are using an old version(v7.0, BUILD 8839) of Ablecommerce store which is not supported by DataPort 7.0.34. It is recommended to use the latest available versions to avoid any such issues. You can find more information about the latest available versions at:

http://help.ablecommerce.com/

dave@givemore.com
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by dave@givemore.com » Wed May 20, 2009 1:06 pm

Do you know which files in the newer release we should update for the store to be compatible with DataPort? We've made pretty extensive modifications to many of the files, so we are trying to avoid upgrading because we'll overwrite a bunch of customizations we've made.
Give More Media

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu May 21, 2009 3:49 am

dave@givemore.com wrote:Do you know which files in the newer release we should update for the store to be compatible with DataPort? We've made pretty extensive modifications to many of the files, so we are trying to avoid upgrading because we'll overwrite a bunch of customizations we've made.
If you are using some build of CommerceBuilder 7.0. Then the latest available build for DataPort to use is DataPort 7.0.34.
I am not sure about the exact list of files you will need, however I suggest you to first upgrade only these files:
1. Website/ClientApi/ClientApiService.ashx
2. Website/Bin/CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll
3. Website/Bin/CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Csv.dll
The last two files are provided with the DataPort download package. However regarding the first file, you have to use from a latest release for 7.0 stores.

peter
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by peter » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:11 pm

im getting the same error message. im running version 7.0 build 9381. does this version support dataport 7.4?

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:49 pm

Hello All,

Beta versions prior to release AC 7.0 Final Build 9879, need to be upgraded to Final.

You MUST upgrade to 7.0 Final before moving forward to a newer release!

This includes all of the pre-final releases:

AC 7.0 RC3 Build 9381
AC 7.0 RC2 Build 8839
AC 7.0 RC1 Build 8272
AC 7.0 B2 Build 7973
AC 7.0 B1 Build 7579
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook