Error when exporting to csv

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
dooleymort
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Error when exporting to csv

Post by dooleymort » Mon May 18, 2009 12:48 pm

I am running the demo version and am trying to import an existing database. I have my data in a text file and SQL database. I am trying to convert one of these to a CSV file so I can use the import utility. I tried to export some categories that I entered for testing reasons (so that I could see what I need to do to my data to get it to import correctly).

I got this error:
There is an error in XML document (2, 2).
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.EncodeHelper.Deserialize(String Xml, Type ThisType, Boolean defaultNull)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.EncodeHelper.Deserialize(String Xml, Type ThisType)
at e.e()

Did I install the Dataport Utility wrong? I originally had the wrong version and then did not have the correct dlls. I can now pull up the utility and connect to my store.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Error when exporting to csv

Post by Naveed » Tue May 19, 2009 5:05 am

It seems that there might be something wroing the CSV data you are trying it import. Can you please share some sample csv records?

dooleymort

Post by dooleymort » Tue May 19, 2009 8:02 am

That's just the problem, I'm trying to get a sample. I am trying to export the existing categories so that I can see what the csv file should look like. I can't export them. I am only exporting a few categories that I entered through the admin pages. That is the error I get when I try to export. It shouldn't have a problem exporting them, right?
Thank you,
Lila

dooleymort

Post by dooleymort » Tue May 19, 2009 12:47 pm

I tried to get an answer through the support site, but Mike Randolph suggested that I post my error here. The problem is that I only have a few days left on my eval, and I need to know that I can import my data into the store, and update it, once it's there.

Thank you again for your time,
Lila

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed May 20, 2009 1:54 am

Can you export products or users? Or having problems while exporting them as well?

If you are only getting problem while exporting categories, Then there must be some special characters in your categories data (like in Name, or Description etc.) which are not valid in xml. And causing this issue.

Those special characters may in in one or more categories data. Removing/replacing those special characters may fix the issue.

NOTE: Before doing anything else make sure you are using correct version of DataPort and respective API dll files. The CommerceBuilder.ClientApi.dll file needs to be updated to your store "Bin" directory.

dooleymort

Post by dooleymort » Wed May 20, 2009 8:21 am

Good idea. I hadn't tried to download the products or users, but I just did and it gave me a different error.

I downloaded the AbleCommerceDataPort_7.0.2.zip file. I replaced the CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.dll (File Version:7.0.2.1) and CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Csv.dll (File Version:7.0.34.0 ) files in the bin directory. I got those two files from the zip file.

The error I get when trying to download products or users is:

Authentication Failed. An unknown error occured while processing request. Exception Message:Value cannot be null. Parameter name: password
at CommerceBuilder.Users.UsersPasswordHelper.VerifyPassword(StringPassword, StringPasswordFormat, String encodedPassword)
at CommerceBuilder.Users.UserPassword.VerifyPassword(String password)
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.AuthenticationHandler.UserHasAccess(String UserName, String Password)
at ClientApiService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

I am working with the default demo data and a few categories and products that I entered through the store's admin. I also checked for special characters and removed all of the & and / from the categories and still get the error.

I did not have a problem with my username and password when connecting to the store, and I am a Super User.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lila

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed May 20, 2009 10:06 am

dooleymort wrote:The error I get when trying to download products or users is:

Authentication Failed. An unknown error occured while processing request. Exception Message:Value cannot be null. Parameter name: password
From the error message, It seems that you are using an older version of AbleCommerce store. And the DataPort for 7.0.2 does not support it. It is recommended to download and install latest available version of AbleCommerce store.

DataPort vs. 7.0.2 is compatible with AbleCommerce 7.0.2 version of Stores
For 7.0 version of stores latest available version of DataPort is 7.0.34 which you can download from:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5707&start=0

Regarding your latest problem here are two related posts:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10688&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10866

dooleymort

Post by dooleymort » Thu May 21, 2009 2:04 pm

The problem was that I hadn't checked remember password. Once I did that, I got in just fine.
Thanks for all your help.