How about letting this group beta 7.0.3 DataPort

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
bemara579
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Re: How about letting this group beta 7.0.3 DataPort

Post by bemara579 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:59 pm

I got an error while downloading a variant CSV file for products. It was going for awhile than crashed and said:

System.Xml.XmlException
'>' is an unexpected token. The expected token is "'" or '''. Line 2, position 63.

Also, it would be nice if I can choose the product column to match the option import, such as the Sku column. I am referring to how the CSV product asks what field I want to use to match up the products.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:49 am

bemara579 wrote:System.Xml.XmlException
'>' is an unexpected token. The expected token is "'" or '''. Line 2, position 63.
I think it may occur due to some special characters in your product data. Please try downloading a different sub-set of product using customized products download. And this way you will be able to narrow down to the exact product whose data is causing this issue.

The only work around I can suggest is to remove special characters from product data and try downloading again.
Naveed wrote:it would be nice if I can choose the product column to match the option import, such as the Sku column. I am referring to how the CSV product asks what field I want to use to match up the products.
Thanks for the feedback. We will surely consider providing this option in next releases.

mkeith1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mkeith1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:53 pm

I'm currently running the 7.0.3 beta dataport with my 7.0.3 store. Love that I can do updates by SKU. Been waiting for that forever!.

I've run into a problem importing new products, and updating old products "Description" fields.

When I do an import the "Description" field does not populate, or update. all other fields import fine. I've tried UPDATE MODE with Default template mapping and Manual mapping on the same data. Each time i import data all fields except "description" update. At the end of the update, the results show no errors and that all records have updated.

What's happening?

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:26 am

I have tried to update the products description field and was successful. Tried both while using default match field and custom match fields (SKU).

I think there might be some problem in you CSV format causing this issue. Please share some sample CSV data.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:04 pm

AbleMods wrote:Do I have two different versions of dataport installed on the same computer?

This is kind of confusing and I do this for a living.
I have been working with DataPort quite a bit the last week or so. I have concluded the same thing you have - multiple versions of the DataPort is confusing and awkward. Naveed and I discussed this issue and he is currently working on a revision that will make DataPort more independent of the AC7 store. My goal is to have a single version of the DataPort application that is capable of connecting to any 7.0.x store.

This is a major change so it will take some time but I think time well spent.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:26 am

[quote="Logan_AbleCommerce"]

I have been working with DataPort quite a bit the last week or so. I have concluded the same thing you have - multiple versions of the DataPort is confusing and awkward. Naveed and I discussed this issue and he is currently working on a revision that will make DataPort more independent of the AC7 store. My goal is to have a single version of the DataPort application that is capable of connecting to any 7.0.x store.

[/quote]

Logan -
What are the chances that this new Dataport application can include the ability to export SHIPMENTS? We are almost ready to launch our 7.0.3 store and have just realized that this was missing from the DataPort. We rely heavily on UPS Worldship and need shipments to be exported from the store.

Exporting Orders is close to what we need, but you only have the option to export the "BillTo" fields -- there are no details for the "ShipTo" fields, which we obviously need.

What's the ETA on this?

Thanks!

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:13 am

Hi Logan,
Nudging this to you again. Kinda urgent to know what your plan is, at least. If I have to build a custom downloader that will pull shipments, I will.... but would much rather use the Data Port Utility....

Thanks!

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:54 am

sfeher wrote:Nudging this to you again. Kinda urgent to know what your plan is, at least. If I have to build a custom downloader that will pull shipments, I will.... but would much rather use the Data Port Utility....
I can promise the dataport utility will get stronger in the near term, but my timeline and your need are probably not going to meet. My first order of business with the dataport was to fix AC5x imports and some of the glaring bugs. That is done and an updated 7.0.3 dataport is published.

The second phase is to solve the version mismatch business. We need a SINGLE version of dataport that can communicate with all ac7x stores. That way we can improve a single codebase and bring our improvements to all merchants. This effort is coming to a close.

The third phase will be a short list of needed improvements. But I need some time to look at the utility, see what the common complaints are, what features are msising, etc. Mazhar has some input on that. And these forums are full of ideas. My first question is where did the ac to worldship link go? We had that available in AC5x. Last I knew it's not a terribly difficult integration - just a CSV export / import using a defined data map.

So... dataport will improve, but I need time to plan.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by sfeher » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:03 pm

Logan_AbleCommerce wrote:My first question is where did the ac to worldship link go? We had that available in AC5x. Last I knew it's not a terribly difficult integration - just a CSV export / import using a defined data map.
This is precisely my question! This function is critical to my clients.
The complexity is in generating the CSV from the orders - getting the shipto data is the tip of the iceberg. Got to get the service types, the package weights, getting only the shippable goods, from the orders, etc.

We're going to have to come up with our own brute force method to pull these for Worldship.

Thanks!
Steve

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Well, this thread is getting off track but I will say I see 9 votes for dataport worldship integration as being critical. It's a good indication that this feature omission is a problem.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

jeffwill
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by jeffwill » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:56 am

I've downloaded DataPort 7.4 and installed it on my Windows Vista Business (64Bit) machine. I receive the exact error as posted by jmestep above.

I've opened my AVG Anti-Virus program and allowed DataPort to be accepted and also adjusted my security settings in Windows Vista, but still continue to receive the error.

Has anyone found a solution to this annoyance? :(

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:39 pm

jeffwill wrote:I've opened my AVG Anti-Virus program and allowed DataPort to be accepted and also adjusted my security settings in Windows Vista, but still continue to receive the error.
Can you list your error? Also, if you installed the dataport from the ftp site did you install the release version or the beta?
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:09 pm

In fact, I'd like it if you start a new thread. This was a thread about 7.3 dataport. We have already released 7.4 dataport so this discussion is a bit dusty. I want to point out that the dataport as well as the installer should be signed. If the end installation is not, that's a problem I need correct.

So please, launch a new thread about your 64 bit launch problem and I'll keep an eye out for it!
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com