Why can't it download AC 5 data?

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Why can't it download AC 5 data?

Post by NC Software » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Why make someone chase down an old AC 5 utility to extract data when it could be included in the DataPort 7 product? In my opinion the DataPort should be able to collect AC 5 data and then right away upload it in AC 7. Have a wizard or interview process to determine what the merchant wants to do, then get the AC 5 data and then upload it into AC 7. It shouldn't take more than a day to handle the download then upload tasks! :)
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: Why can't it download AC 5 data?

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:37 pm

The standalone store export utility from AC55 exports from AC2.9 through AC55. That utility is time tested and I am not about to suggest we reproduce the feature for now. There are more important features to implement.

But I promise that we will get our data more organized. I don't want anyone to chase things. Here is the official location for all files related to DataPort:

ftp://ftp.ablecommerce.com/dataport

Inside, you will now find the latest version of the AC55 store export (v5.6.54). This is a digitally signed executable. It now requires .NET 2.0 to run (prior versions only required 1.1 framework).
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.