Can't find the correct version of DataPort to run

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
SteveHiner
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Can't find the correct version of DataPort to run

Post by SteveHiner » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:53 am

Last March I updated to build 11659 of AC. The update patch I have doesn't indicate if this is 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2 or what. CommerceBuilder.dll is dated 2/10/2009.

I have tried DataPort 7.0.34 and I get the error:
Warning: Version mismatch, Store version '7.0.0' did not match the expected version '7.0'.

I tried DataPort 7.0.1 and got a message telling me the store is 7.0.0 and it requires 7.0.1.

It seems like I'm stuck between versions somehow. I verified that I had the correct DLLs on the site when this occurred.

How do I determine, once and for all, what version of store I have?

Why is DataPort complaining when 7.0.0 and 7.0 are the same version number? Does DP 7.0.34 not work against AC 7.0.0 build 11659? It seems like a patch should have been totally safe to install. If I knew how DP finds the store version number then I could check the web site files and database to find out if maybe part of the patch didn't get installed back in March. Where would I find that info? I have no problem accessing the database using SQL Management Studio or looking in files on the site.

This is causing serious problems for us and I really need to get this fixed soon.

Edit:
This is the same issue as this thread: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11578
They are my client, I didn't realize they had already posted about this or I would have replied to their post.
Steve

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Can't find the correct version of DataPort to run

Post by Naveed » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:28 pm

SteveHiner wrote:I have tried DataPort 7.0.34 and I get the error:
Warning: Version mismatch, Store version '7.0.0' did not match the expected version '7.0'.
if your store version is 7.0 or 7.0.0 then the right version of DataPort for your store is DataPort vs. 7.0.34. The version numbering for AbleCommerce store were changed/modified and hence you are facing the version mismatch warning message. Please ignore the warning message you are receiving while connecting. It is safe to use DataPort vs. 7.0.34 with your store.

SteveHiner
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Re: Can't find the correct version of DataPort to run

Post by SteveHiner » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:47 pm

Thanks for clarifying that. Since posting that I have discovered that DataPort was running fine for my client, other than the error message. When they told me they were getting an error message and I confirmed the error message I just assumed that DataPort wouldn't run since normally you'd want to prevent running mismatched versions to avoid data loss. As long as the error is erroneous I have no problem using it.
Steve