use dataport to add suggested items

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
Ryancampbellmba
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

use dataport to add suggested items

Post by Ryancampbellmba » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:08 pm

When I upload a new batch of products to my store using the dataport I want to automatically add suggested items with the initial upload so I do not have to go back and add them one item at a time...how can I do this?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: use dataport to add suggested items

Post by mazhar » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:16 am

For the items you want to import all you need is to specify 0 as their product id value. Application will import all items with id value 0.

Ryancampbellmba
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Ryancampbellmba » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 pm

How would I indicate that what I am uploading is a suggested item to a product that already exists, preferably when I upload the initial product as well.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:25 am

I think from "suggested items" you means "Similar Products" or "Product Accessories"?

You will not be able to specify these using CSV import/export feature. However you can use xml import/export for the purpose.

If you have uploaded all your products (including the initial products and the related products) then export the products xml data and re-import the xml after updating the desired data.

RichWendrock
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by RichWendrock » Thu May 26, 2011 8:35 am

You cannot add suggested items at the time you upload your products because the pointer to the suggested item is required and the suggested item may yet to be created. As Naveed suggests, After uploading all of your products. write a routine to create an XML file to relate your products. You can get the format of the XML file by reading dataport utility docs. then upload the xml file in update mode.
Regards,
Richard

http://www.TheHomePageStore.com

AbleCommerce
VERSION: 7.0.7.14588
MSSQL v2005
AC SCHEMA v2005
.NET CLR v2.0.50727.3634